Maverick progress(C.Parsonii)

Chameleoco

Hi guys
we have had Maverick since september now still not sure weather maverick is a he or a she atm,but apart from that IT has settled in well:D
hope you enjoy.
cheers
Jamie

Attachments

• dec parsonii 001.JPG
    dec parsonii 001.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 227
  • dec parsonii 005.JPG
    dec parsonii 005.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 275
  • dec parsonii 012.JPG
    dec parsonii 012.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 219
At that age it's almost impossible to tell. You should see some color in the next 3-4 months. It reminds me of my male yellow lip when he was little.:)

Where did you get it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I´d also say he looks like a male to me.
But as Todnedo already said, it´s nearly impossible to tell before they are about 12 months old.
Have you ever seen him turn green?
Another evidence might be his back.
It´s hard to tell from the picture but you might just take a closer look at it.
When the upper part of the back behind his head (telling it this in lack of the right english phrase) is not straight but rather "wavy" this might be evidence for a male.
Anyways, this is not a sure method of identification as they are mainly based on the oberservation that a rather succesfull german breeder has made with his juvenil Orange eyes.
Which local is he btw?
How old is he?

At that age it's almost impossible to tell. You should see some color in the next 3-4 months. It reminds me of my male yellow lip when he was little.:)

Where did you get it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hamm

I´d also say he looks like a male to me.
But as Todnedo already said, it´s nearly impossible to tell before they are about 12 months old.
Have you ever seen him turn green?
Another evidence might be his back.
It´s hard to tell from the picture but you might just take a closer look at it.
When the upper part of the back behind his head (telling it this in lack of the right english phrase) is not straight but rather "wavy" this might be evidence for a male.
Anyways, this is not a sure method of identification as they are mainly based on the oberservation that a rather succesfull german breeder has made with his juvenil Orange eyes.
Which local is he btw?
How old is he?

He/she was born on the 30/6/11 and is an orange eyed cb by Andreas Augustin:)

Can I see a picture of him with his tail stretched out some? I think Maverick is a male.

I will 2mo when the lights are back on

Thanks everyone for your kind comments:D We hopefully have a furcifer minor male coming 2mo too:):)
cheers
jamie

don't male parson's have that double nose thing? or is that only a specific locale that has that?
You´re right they have much bigger canthus rostralis but the females have some too, as you can see e.g. here: http://static.zoonar.de/img/www_repository3/ac/e1/f8/10_55ae21546522c91d6df501439947dfba.jpg
When they are babies, both sexes only have small canthus rostralis.
You can tell it´s a male with 90% when the canthus rostralis are longer then the tip of it´s mouth (can anybody understand that really bad explanation?)
He/she was born on the 30/6/11 and is an orange eyed cb by Andreas Augustin
Congratulations :)
Seems like you´re in good hands then.

well he came today sorry about the quality of pic i will get more he's settled in:D

Attachments

• dec parsonii 263.JPG
    dec parsonii 263.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 135
well it turned out Maverick is a Girl after all :D

Attachments

• temp folder 002.jpg
    temp folder 002.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 158
  • temp folder 005.jpg
    temp folder 005.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 92