- Your Chameleon - veiled, male, just under 2 years, been with me 1.5 years.
- Handling - 2-3 times per week depending on his interest to come out.
- Feeding - crickets. Dubia, horn worms, super worms, silk worms. Mostly silks and crickets- as he’s picky, but occasionally will eat supers and Dubias. Every other day feeding.
- Supplements - repti-cal w/o d3 every-other feeding. Herptivite 2x per month, Calc with d3 2x per month
- Watering - mist system on timer to be humid overnight and early morning. Hand spray mid-day.
- Fecal Description - he’s not eating much as of late, so right now small, hard, and black. He did try to eat a silkworm earlier this week, but it passed right through so you could see the worm fully in his feces. Unrates are mostly white with some yellow/orange coloration, and small.
- History - When I got him he was approximately 3 to 6 months old, he stayed overnight in a box a little bit longer than anticipated because FedEx messed up. He’s been in my care ever cents, he has never had issues eating or using the bathroom and he’s always been kind of grouchy.
- Cage Type - screen 2’x2’x4’
- Lighting - 22" daylight bulb, 60, recently upped to 100, watt incandescent for heat on timer 7am-8pm
- Temperature - basking 90°, bottom 68°, 68° over night
- Humidity - 40-60%
- Plants - 2xpothos, ficus tree, umbrella plant
- Placement - spare bedroom, next to widnow, door closed always no traffic. Placed on the floor
- Location - PA state
I’m not sure what to do- we live in a rural area without quick access to an exotics vet. I also don’t want to drive to take him, as the last time I took a rep. to the vet it cost me an arm and a leg and she passed away 4 days later. Any advice you could provide would be helpful.
First photo is current situation. Second and third are what he usually looks like.