Male Veiled Chameleon - MBD ?

Luvsallcreatures

I just purchased a male Veiled Cham from a young gentleman that just purchased him from the local reptile show this past weekend..............

I brought him home and noticed he could barely stand. I put 40 dusted super worms in a dish and he sticks his tongue out above the worms and misses them every time but only sticks his tongue out as far as a dime, and hits the middle of the dish instead of the worms....

He is very weak.

I put in an emergency call to my exotics vet and he is gone and cant see this guy till tuesday.....

I am worried.

How long does this type of damage take? I am assuming that the breeder that sold this guy this past sunday is at fault.....?.......

Also with this male came 2 females....the oldest is a year and a half old, and gravid...she is Huge..... I have her set up where she can live and go lay at the same time with the 8 inches of damp substrate. I believe she should not have been Moved at all since she is so close to laying eggs.....Right?

and he also came with a 8 month old female who was said by the breeder to be bred also....? at 8 MONTHS?....is that normal and ok?....

I am reading different things online as to right ways and wrong ways....

My other local exotics vet never returned my call....I left a message with his receptionist.....Hours ago..... and nothing....hence why I am now turning to you........

May you help me....Please......

I did turn to my local pet store and picked up liquid vitamins, and more worms so it would be easy for him to get them in the dish if there are 40 in a dish I am assuming a better chance of his tongue grabbing one.....I feel for this guy and plan on finding out the breeders name and talking to him as soon as I am done at the vets office with proof......

Also I would like to add, ...

Is there a way to know, besides her waling in the bottom of the set up, that she is close to laying?

Just the not eating before hand?.....and ???

Do you have all three chameleons that you were talking about in your post?

Are the male chameleon's arms and legs straight between the joints?

I hope you hear from the vet quickly...this guy needs help ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom