Male Sambava Picture Update!

PrettyInInk87

I took my little guy out today for some freerange time! He loves being out of his cage and displays the most incredible colors while out. :D I snapped a few pictures and it really amazed me how in the last 2 pictures he brightened up when he caught a glimpse of my brother in laws cat sniffing around. :)

Here are my previous threads of Hugh's growth and how much he has changed since I brought him home. Enjoy!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/3-half-month-old-sambava-50694/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/sambava-panther-hugh-picture-thread-continued-55276/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/updated-pictures-hugh-sambava-60778/

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

eh... Sambava's.. are starting to grow on me. (; You should do a timeline type thread with your Chameleons, it would be pretty cool!

eh... Sambava's.. are starting to grow on me. (; You should do a timeline type thread with your Chameleons, it would be pretty cool!

Hahahah! I know, I was thinking about that actually... I have SO many pictures of him and multiple threads I might just go ahead and put ALL of the pictures in one thread. :D Hugh can kick your babies butt any day, lol! I'll wait until your little guy gets older to be fair. ;)

He's absolutely stunning! Do you have pics of him fired up?

No I don't... I don't even know what he looks like fired up. Hm, is fired up considered when he sees a female? If it is then yes I have but not in a while... He usually gets REALLY dark black bars and dark greens, nothing too colorful.

First picture is right after I pulled him out of his cage and second picture is of him outside on his little tree... I hadn't taken him out for a REALLY long time since he loves to wander, I was going to do a photoshoot outside but he wasn't having it. I brought him right back in right after that picture...

IMG_0188-1.jpg

IMG_0200-1.jpg

Fired up is when they get upset or are trying to impress a mate. Sambavas generally fire up to be red/yellow/orange. In the last picture he is partially fired up probably from the cat.

My guy doesn't change color for the ladies, but he gets crazy colors when he sees anything that is furry and has a heart beat.

Mine fires up over the stangest thing....the lawnmower! When he is outside in his cage and we mow the lawn he gets the most awesome coloring. I think it is the vibration of the lawnmower but we even shut it off and he was still all colorful until I took the lawnmower out of sight. It is the weirdest! oh, btw, Hugh is looking great! Really getting some pretty coloring!

Mine fired up for the first time at my guinea pigs. In fact, they are the only thing that gets him completely fired up! I don't know why...

Mine fires up over the stangest thing....the lawnmower! When he is outside in his cage and we mow the lawn he gets the most awesome coloring. I think it is the vibration of the lawnmower but we even shut it off and he was still all colorful until I took the lawnmower out of sight. It is the weirdest! oh, btw, Hugh is looking great! Really getting some pretty coloring!

Mine fired up for the first time at my guinea pigs. In fact, they are the only thing that gets him completely fired up! I don't know why...

Haha! So cute, little weirdos... :D

Some of them will fire up if you let them see their reflection in the bathroom mirror. Only one of my males will fire up to his reflection. The others are like just checking themselves out and chilling. Like Kara said he should fire up red & yellow based on his resting colors.

Some of them will fire up if you let them see their reflection in the bathroom mirror. Only one of my males will fire up to his reflection. The others are like just checking themselves out and chilling. Like Kara said he should fire up red & yellow based on his resting colors.

Hughs resting colors are really dark black bars with dark green body... At first I thought he was always stressed but then realized those were his resting colors (I was told also) so I stopped worrying, I was getting ready to set up a permanent free range for him.

He actually does not fire up in the mirrow since he has lived right in front of one since I brought him home. The first couple of times he saw himself he did fire up but now doesn't care.

Hugh is definitely a looker!

Our male has fired up/head ticked at silkworms before. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Amazing job on him Gabbie. His colors are coming in nicely.

Thank you! :D

I have a guy like that, I never get to see him fired up. I wouldn't know what he looks like lol Because the mirror doesn't bother him, or the dog, or other males, or being checked out at the vet, or blenders, or anything. I'd really love to borrow a female and see how he reacts!

Beautiful cham you have, just wait until he grows a few more months - he's going to radiate yellows and reds!

Thank you everyone for the awesome responses... Hugh has shed yet again so here he is a week after in his new skin. :) Flashing some awesomely great colors for mommy. :)

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0347-1.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Back
Top Bottom