Male Panther won't breed

blackhawk

I had two Ambanja females ready to go with smooth pink coloration. I placed the first one in the male Ambanja's enclosure on the 20th of last month and he immediatly went to work. I kept her in his cage for two days and she developed strong gravid coloration (she laid 30 good looking eggs over the weekend). I removed her - never saw her act aggressively toward him - and replaced with the 2nd female who was showing receptive coloration as well. He wanted nothing to do with her though he kept his intense colors. The female was not aggressive in any way. I removed her after a couple of days with the male staying as far from her as possible while she remained a smooth pink color. I would describe him as going into hiding with her in the cage. I tried again about a week later with no change. About a week after that I had the pair outside in a small tree with a male nosy be very close in another small tree. The nosy be eventually made it to the Ambanja tree and attempted to mount her which I broke up. The sight of the other male did nothing to stir the Ambanja. Today I tried placing the female back into his cage and he took off. He's been eating great, looks great and she's ready to go. Anyone have any thoughts?

maybe hes in a relationship with the other one and doesnt want to cheat :confused: lmao

sorry i cant help i just thought it was kinda funny :D

Try showing him the other male as well. Sometimes a little competition makes the males mate.

I had the same problem with a Faly of mine. They paired up together twice. She still showed receptive for 2 more weeks and each day I put her in there he seemed uninterested. Now she is showing gravid. I hope the original pairing takes.

One Female

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum so I don't know how to post more threads on the forum from my phone.
My male panther saw the female yesterday it was the 14 May 2014 and I left them alone so when I got back I saw his hempinal penis was out so I'm not sure if he and the female did it so I removed her and today I did put her back in his cage and he is not willing to mate with her I even put him in the females cage and still nothing happened the female is ready to breed. I'm also struggling with the male to eat I'm going to take him to a vet:(

Thank

Back
Top Bottom