Male or female

Sarah 1234

Hi all I'm new to this site I have a 4 month old veiled chameleon I was told he was male but starting to have doubts was wondering if you could help.
20210213_125748.jpg
20210212_163654.jpg

janjan20

Chameleon Enthusiast
I don’t think this is a female... and it is definitely not 4 months old. It looks closer to a year old. The marking and thickness at the base of the tale tell me it’s a male. Although the spurs are not very prominent, this picture shows a spur. The casque is small and looks deformed, I would highly recommend a full husbandry review.

Attachments

• 16E7E9AD-12FE-4414-8287-86ED8CF09879.jpeg
    16E7E9AD-12FE-4414-8287-86ED8CF09879.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 40

Sarah 1234

He is actually 6 months sorry I miss calculated ge hatched in September and he was small when I got him. He is very healthy he eats drinks and his poo is how it should be but thank you
Screenshot_20210214-161803_Gallery.jpg

I don’t think this is a female... and it is definitely not 4 months old. It looks closer to a year old. The marking and thickness at the base of the tale tell me it’s a male. Although the spurs are not very prominent, this picture shows a spur. The casque is small and looks deformed, I would highly recommend a full husbandry review.
Oh, I guess I should do quite a bit more research then. That casque did look a little wonky, yes.

AmandaS

Staff member
His casque and his spikes along his spine.

I would also get your husbandry checked out. Couldn't hurt to see what others have to say, could it?

Sarah 1234

Thank you for your concern but he has been check by a vet twice since I have had him when I first got him and about a month ago

Top Bottom