Male or Female Veiled Question

Porky1961

I have a veiled chameleon that is 1 - 1/2 months old. It is supposd to be a male. I have been looking and can't seem to be able to see the spurs on its back feet. One time I look and I think that I can see them but then I look again and I can't. I haven't questioned the breeder who I bought it off of yet. One question that I have is if it is a female, do I need to put a egg laying container in its enclosure so that it does not get egg bound?

Jordan

You should have several more months if it is a female before you will have to do that. Yes, you are right though an egg container will be necessary. If you can snap a good quality picture of the back foot area someone else or me maybe able to make it out.

Porky1961

Hi Jordan,
Here are a couple of pictures that I took of Skittles. Hopefully they will post so that you or anyone else can give me their input. Male or Female?

Thank You MARK

Attachments

rcagosto

I'm not no expert but I think its a male. I think a could kind of make out like a lil bump on the back of the foot. It will be better if you take a picture a lil more closer, maybe a lot more closer. Lol

Scrappy

I would say positively a male... you havethe start of breeding protusions and a thicker tail base. Those are both signs of a male.

Top Bottom