Male Carpenter Bee's

There are so many options, just stick with whats available. Im guessing carpenter bee's eat wood. So basically you would be feeding your cham wood. So I'd have to suggest not to feed them.

I fed mine both. I am not going to advise anyone to feed bugs with stingers or nasty bites but they would not hesitate to snag one in the wild. I will say. When I kept panthers and had them outside for the summer they had cages that many types of insects could get through but the chams could not get out. I had seen them eat wasps and hornets along with bumble bees that flew into their cages and I am sure they got whatever else they wanted that roamed into the cage. I never saw any problems with mine eating these types of bugs however there is a risk of one getting stung. I remember a post a while back where someone had to pick stingers out of a panthers mouth.

Again, I would not advise it. Its much safer to feed off other WC insects like grasshoppers and moths.

The females definitely sting. However, I know I've read people's stories here about taking their chameleon outside and being appalled when it ate a bee. I've never seen a story where that went badly, but that doesn't mean it couldn't. I would tend to err on the side of caution whenever possible.

Back
Top Bottom