Male Ankaramy Question

I've owned a few Ankaramies and you can get a full stripe or broken. IMO the premium specimens have that thick, continuous white line but that is just my opinion. The intensity of the pink and being clean without dots are the overall factor though of quality, again imo.

MattJillSon can you look at my post of "Calypso gettig pink" and tell me what your thoughts are on him please

Rikky,

That cham still needs time to grow up but I would say based off those pictures, you've got a pretty nice animal. Again, there are subtle differences between really nice and top quality, not to say yours won't be tip-top notch once fully mature. Most of which are going to be decided by individual tastes. I personally don't like the pink dotted variety as much as a pure, clean pink animal - Peto-Bismo! Same goes with the white line, some have an insane vertical white stripe, you Jack White fans love it, and so do I. Again, this is just my opinion on Ankaramies and really mean nothing to the overall market although I think a lot will agree with me.

I have had quite a few pinks and know a few keepers here with them,Yours will get better,but dont feel down if your Ankaramy is dark most of the time,this just means that the animal is relaxed and is being kept well.
When panthers fire up,and show bright colours it is stress be it positive or negative,
I had 3.1 anks and picked out the pinkest one for my collection,IMO they colour up upto 18 months:)

ankarmyx2.jpg

Ankaramymale32.jpg

Ankaramymale1.jpg

pinkmale12.jpg

pinkmale1.jpg

yeah my pink is also a late bloomer i guess. hes 11 months old now and usually dark brown or sky blue!!! i asked the breeder i got him from (pams chams) and she says that totally norm on anky's . all theres left to do is sit and wait on the pink to develope.
heres a pic i took of him in a hurry, ill try and make time to snap more decent ones of him.
champics016.jpg

Treelions,
Those males in the 2nd and 3rd pic are outstanding. Still young but are looking fantastic, definite good pick ups.

Back
Top Bottom