loud noises?

cooper9934

More of a preventive health issue but a question about loud noises. I've seen conflicting research about this different places. I've read that their ears are so small they can barly hear but also that loud noises stress them out too. So i'm not sure.

Here is a picture of my set up... with Rodney. I play guitar and I'm worried about the loud noise disturbing him. I've had Rodney for about six months now and he is doing great. We moved him to this room about 3 months ago and haven't seen any problems. When I play guitar its usually not to loud or for very long... but I wouldn't want to do anything to stress the little fella out. Sometimes I look at him to see how I'm playing but he usually just looks bored.

Does anyone have any issues with loud noises? Thank you for your input :)

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 412
I don't know much about this topic, but it doesn't seem to bother my little guy. When i'm walking through my hallway, my sister is always blasting her music. Waldo doesn't change color, fire up, or anything.

Chams don't have external ear canals, not even a tympanic membrane like iguanas or turtles. But they do still have internal ear structures and their own ear bones. Limited research suggests their inner ear is much like snakes. So chameleons cannot hear in the same way we can, however, they can still sense noise through vibrations. So loud noises, especially loud bass, may bother your cham because of the vibration. Otherwise they aren't too concerned with noise since not a whole lot gets through.

interesting

Good to know, thank you. I have not noticed him change color... or puff up and dance so that is a good sign.

I'm going to build a bigger cage for him soon so maybe I'll try to include something that can minimize the vibrations.

Back
Top Bottom