Lost My baby today

sedecatur

Lost the battle with My 5 month old female jackson Lily, She had been slowing down alot over the last week in eating but staying aleart and seemingly happy. I noticed a big bump on her spine that i just attrubited to a cricket bite, (i hate damn crickets) I noticed yesterday that she had stopped using her hind legs, of course i freaked. The vet was able to see her today, Did a quick biopsy on the bump and told me she had a malignant schwannoma tumor. Its a form of cancer that forms from the schwanns cell. This was causing pressure on the spine making it so that everything below the tumor wasnt able to opperate. Needless to say I wouldnt allow her to suffer, so with a heavy heart I had the vet euthanize my baby. After a slight breakdown at the vet office (ok major) I drove home with her in my lap, created a makeshift casket, and headstone and carefully and slowley burried my baby (took me an hour to get it done). Its amazing how such a small creature can capture so much of your heart, even now writing this I weep, trying to hide it from the others here, trying to hide my weekness for such a small creature.
OK (deep breath) Anyways to others out here just remember animals cant tell us if something is wrong, and by the time we notice it may be to late, But if you see something out of the ordainary, Take them to be checked,(lots of vets will work with you on payments JUST ASK) Remember they didnt ask us to take them in, we did it on our own, Because we wanted them in our lives, therefore their care, their health, their happieness, Its all our responsibility, The reason i say this is my older son asked why i was crying over an animal that i only had for just over a month.. when I can answer calmly and with out breaking down you can bet Im going to tell him why... PEACE ALL and HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR CHAM TODAY??? (he wont like it but give it a shot LOL) ;)

Awe that is so sad. Sorry for your loss and you are right it is amazing how attached we become to these creatures. You did the right thing by not letting her suffer.

My Condolences. It's amazing how fast we become attached and it's never easy when they leave us. You did the right thing by not letting her suffer.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and thanks to the moderator for moving this to the corect section, wasnt really sure where it went.. :eek:

I am so sorry to hear you lost your baby. I have been there, and for me crying is part of losing a loved chameleon. It wouldn't hurt if we didn't care. You & I care.

Back
Top Bottom