little surprise

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rockalita, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Rockalita

Rockalita New Member

So I went to english gardens yesterday to pick up a ficus for Dreaken's new 24x24x48 cage and when we brought it home we found a little surprise in it...a green anole! looks like we now have one more reptile in the house!

2. ferretinmyshoes

ferretinmyshoes Veterinarian
    Staff Member

Beware, I know chams that have eaten anoles!

3. Jimturner

Jimturner Established Member

Lucky for the anole he ended up in a reptile friendly home!

4. Rockalita

Rockalita New Member

We found it before the ficus went is the cage so we just took it and put it in its own aquarium!

5. farrahsc

farrahsc New Member

What a great surprise!! I talked to a lady the other day who brought her plants in from outside for the winter and found a tree frog in one.

6. theresaintucson

theresaintucson New Member

I used to be a florist for a company that imported tropical plants straight from Florida. I got to keep any tree frogs and such that ended up being shipped accidentally. I drew the line at the huge spider though.
    Lucky anole for finding a new home.

7. carol5208

carol5208 Chameleon Enthusiast

Yes chams will eat them and mine is no exception. He caught one in our patio and nabbed it before I could stop him. I am always thinking he might be getting some in the outside cage I have for him but I try not to think about it cause I love the little anoles.! There are also people who feed them to their chams which is something that is not for me!!!