Lighting/heating fixtures from DIY CAGES

Cham King

Hello all im looking for feed back if anyone uses DIY CAGES lighting fixtures. I see the bulbs screw in from the side which made me wonder if you can get enought basking temps instead of using a spot bulb. Also they dont make a dual fixture which has heating and UV lighting in one so does anyone use the sprial type UV bulbs in this system and heat in one.

Thanks

It is highly suggested on here that you dont use the compact florescent bulbs for fear that they damage the chameleons eyes

info

thats what i heard but im trying to find a all in one low profile fixture to use that has both a halgon type and zoomed 5.0 type UV bulb

I do a separate fixture for my basking and uvb, I wanted a dual florescent because I put a plant tube in the second spot because I have live plants in my enclosure, besides I read on here somewhere you want the uvb and basking in separate areas because they sit under the uvb to help digest and you dont want them overheating under the basking while doing so

light

Were trying to go slim height on our cages thats why were not using domes. We only have so much height to stack cages and only can use these types of fixtures. We are currently using the exo terra type the 18" and 24" but was wondering if DIY CAGES were any good

Back
Top Bottom