lighting and general suggestions

alamonelf

I am new to herps and yet I have two baby Chameleon about two or three months in age. I as well have a Cuban Anole, a pair of fire bellies and a house gecko.

I got a female about 3 and a 1/2 to 4 inches in length. My roommate got a baby male from the same clutch. There was some question at the shop when we got the male whether or not they were old enough to sell. With the employee whom had sold my baby to me saying yes and the one who would then sell my roommate his saying no. That was about six weeks ago ours have done much better then the ones we have seen go through the shop. I bought a Reptisun 5.0 linear tube for the small enclosure they shared with a small Ficus. Recently due to territorial behavior at the food dish they were separated into two enclosures with Hibiscus. I had ceremic heaters for each of them with the Reptisun. I got a Exo Terra Sun Glo 75w. They eat it up, basking in it the morning and evening. The Anole has been found basking in it from about ten feet away.

Its natural color is quite nice and blends well with the sun here in Colorado. I wanted to know if this was a good UVA/B solution. I would as well welcome any suggestions regarding their care.

Back
Top Bottom