Left My Overdue Veiled While On Vacation

DESERT DAVE

We Are Talking Veiled's
Conception Took Place On Jan. 11th
She Dug Approx. 15 Holes And Left Them With No Eggs Inside. I Brought Her Inside, Still With Plenty Of Nesting Possibilities, Inside The Cage.
I Went Out Of Town For Four Days (my Father Watered And Fed In The Middle Of The Two Days) I Came Home Today To Find 20 Eggs Behind A Pot Of Nesting Soil On The Bottom Of The Cage.
I Figure She Ran Out Of Energy To Dig A Nest And I Am Lucky She Did Not Become Eggbound. The Eggs Have Collapsed A Little, I Would Say Only 20% Concave. They Are Snow White, Healthy Eggs Compared To The Ones I Have Had In The Past.
I Put Eggs In 3 Inch Deli Cups Sealed With 6-8 Pin Holes In The Top Of Each Cup. Vermiculite/water 60/40%. I Live In The Dry Desert Of Ca. Temp. Maintained At 78-82 Degrees.
#1 She Held The Eggs For An Extra 4 Weeks (8 Total From Conception) Can I Count The 4 Weeks Against Incubation? Hard To Tell Since Hatching Can Varry 6-10 Months.
I Have Been Told Minor Shriveled Eggs Will Regain Their Full Shape After Incubating In Vermiculite W/water As They Soak Up Moisture. I Will Check In A Day Or Two And Report. Any Help, Suggestions, Or Personal Experience Would Be Appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom