KnoKnut

gabzzy

picked him up on Tuesday in a U-haul truck so I could stand the cage upright and not stress him out any more than needed; the previous owner had him since he was small and he is now 1 1/2 yrs.
He kept telling me how he was never able to handel him, matter of fact he wouldn't eat when the owner in the room and he kept him in a screen cage that had a plexi glass door that KnoKnut always saw his reflection ; amoung several other no-no's...

Anyhow I am here to BRAG how KnoKnut has expanded and is bonding with me n such a short time; i made him his free roam area in my guest bedroom window sill, the perfect spot, i pull a shower curtian when it's dark or cold, otherwise i open the window where KnoKnut can sit and recieve sunshine without moving him a lot.

the first time i had to handel him to take him to the vet the day after I got him was an experience! He hissed and reared up and his bottom lip quivered he got so darn madd it almost made me think he had Nurological problems, cause he was shakin he was so upset, but once i let him act out and had a good grip on him I pressed him to my heart so he could hear and feel my heartbeat, and it made a difference in his whole behavour ever since, he is slowly becomming whole again and bonding;
his spirit was so broke.
He is now happy and he brings me such joy.
Today he ate out of my hand, geez, 2 days ago he wouldn't even let me come close with food in my hand or a bowl, thats BIG headway we're makon, we R team players, KnoKnut in da Haus; YES...

Attachments

• k_K118.jpg
    k_K118.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 141
  • k_K119.jpg
    k_K119.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 171
  • k_K114.jpg
    k_K114.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 117
He's a handsome veiled. Looks like he's enjoying the free range. You do know that uv can not pass through glass????? He will still need a UVB bulb and probably a basking light.

He is very handsome! Is that his all day place? Like Beeze said no uvb can pass through. I would also add a leafy plant. But hey you have a great start I wish I had a huge piece of wood like that...

Yepper, we have basking an a UVB lamp set up over there, and we gave him CoeChi's pothos juat to put better eons in the air around him, gee; I even got him to use the dripper; seems he is learning to drink, the previous owner had a ""waterfall"" and they say he drank when they misited?? Thats far to questionable for the life of a Cham, kinda real IFFY of them!
Anyway, he drank while I held the tube for him, he drank for a long time, it was awsomeness.
My lil luv bug CoeChi sure is shedding, he got to go outside to days inna row now he's spinnin his play area for a way to get to the great outdoors, so i got him relaxin in his area and he is watchin me closely, wonderin.
Anyhow, I gonna be updating our progress,we r makin GIANT steps and healing from the past.

GabZZy cOKoeauxXx
2.1 Veiled

Attachments

• k_K121aa.jpg
    k_K121aa.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 115
  • k_K123aa.jpg
    k_K123aa.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 130
  • k_K141a.jpg
    k_K141a.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 122
  • k_K142a.jpg
    k_K142a.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 112
Just one more question for ya... do you keep your cricket hold in the middle of your set up all the time? Everything else looks great and again I am jealous of your piece of wood :eek:

I'm glad to hear that he's doing so well for you. They love free range and seem to be so much more laid back when kept free range.

Just one more question for ya... do you keep your cricket hold in the middle of your set up all the time? Everything else looks great and again I am jealous of your piece of wood :eek:

I don't feed crickets, I feed Dubois, i cant stand the noise and smell of crickets, and CoeChi only ate one every so often, so we have Mealies that are organic and dubois.

Back
Top Bottom