kinyongia multituberculata male has trouble eating...

Thezillaman21

Avid Member
I got my kinyongia multituberculata male from lllreptile in august of 2011 he has been fine untill last feeding his toungue did not extend and he missed the superworm 3-4 times before moving close enough to catch it....
this has me worried since thats an early sign of MBD. im useing the flukers brand calcium in every feeding multi vitimins once every week (sometimes alittle less than that but close) and the calcium with D3 is an off brand... ill upload pictures later but it has a green anole on the front and the container is blue with a yellow lid....

any info is welcome.....
thanks

That seems to be too much supplementing for a montane, they are easily over supplemented. Im not sure what the other kinyongia keepers are doing though.
How often are you using D3?
How do his urates look?

That seems to be too much supplementing for a montane, they are easily over supplemented. Im not sure what the other kinyongia keepers are doing though.
How often are you using D3?
How do his urates look?

urates look good.. however his dropping seem bigger... but he has been eating superworms for a while now... crickets are gone. im breeding ispods for him.. usually i give him flies as treats. maybe he is just being lazy? ill try giving him a fly to see if he is just being lazy-careful.. usually he over powers the feeding cup....

If they are supplemented similar to other montains I would say this is over supplementation.
Can you post a picture of the cham?

He is fine I think he was just being lazy I offered him a beetle and he had his tounge extend about 6inches which is better than when he only was using like an inch... Im on my iPod so can't post pictures now... But I'll get down his supplements alittle just to be safe.

Imo you should find out what the other kinyongia keepers are doing supplement wise, and if theyre doing a lot less, completely stop supping for a month, and start the same regimine as the others

How old are your uvb lights? what kind of uvb bulb are you using? Does he get any natural sunlight?

I got my kinyongia multituberculata male from lllreptile in august of 2011 he has been fine untill last feeding his toungue did not extend and he missed the superworm 3-4 times before moving close enough to catch it....
this has me worried since thats an early sign of MBD. im useing the flukers brand calcium in every feeding multi vitimins once every week (sometimes alittle less than that but close) and the calcium with D3 is an off brand... ill upload pictures later but it has a green anole on the front and the container is blue with a yellow lid....

any info is welcome.....
thanks

Be warned...oversupplementing can have some of the same symptoms as deficiences! You are oversupplementing him now. If your calcium has added D3I would not use it every day. Plain calcium OK, but dust very lightly. Calcium with D3 once every couple of weeks, multivitamins no more frequently than once every 6 weeks or 2 months. Treat any dusts as "gap-fillers" to make up any lacks in your gutloading. Gutloading is a much safer way to provide nutrition to a cham, especially montane species.

Back
Top Bottom