Kansas City Reptile Show, anyone attend??

Jerm

Avid Member
Just curious if anyone went to the Kansas City Reptile show on July 18th. Is this normal pricing for panther chameleons in KC? I thought about doing a show up there since that is where my family lives. I attached a link to a vendor who was at that show, you have to scroll down for the chameleons:

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/sponsor-classifieds/55927-kansas-city-reptile-show.html

For those who don't have a dendroboard membership, this is the section of the ad:

Other Reptiles
Chamaeleo calyptratus $40 each
Furcifer pardalis ambilobe $800 adult male
Furcifer pardalis ambilobe $200 female
Furcifer pardalis ambanja $1,000 adult male
Furcifer pardalis ambanja $200 female
Tiliqua gigas evanescens $150 each (Merauke Blue Tongues)
Python regious Pied Male $1,200 2010
Python regious Spider Male $200 2008
Corallus caninus $200 (Import)
Morelia viridis sorong $350
Other various colubrids!

Wow! Not that I'm aware of. I have a friend in Kansas City (Emerald Exotics) who told me before that there is a local KC gal down there (I believe she is a forum member) who breeds panthers and generally sells them at that show - but WAY less than what you have listed. Not sure what the deal is there.

Ambilobe's for a grand! Those are ridiculous prices. He/She prob brought those back home. If anyone was ignorant enough to purchase that male ambi i feel sorry for em. You could pick up a Pair of Falys or Mitsios for that kind of money. :rolleyes: Some people are just in it to see how much they can rip someone off for. :rolleyes:

The weird thing about the pricing is that their dartfrogs and other reptiles are average, it's just the panthers that aren't even ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom