K. multituberculata?

Lovereps

Avid Member
Hello,
This handsome guy was sold to me as a Fischer's, but I don't believe that to be true.
I know there are a number of very knowledgeable people on this forum and I'm hoping hope that someone will be kind enough to ID him for me.
His name is Xeno , for xenophobia. The kids named him that since he is afraid of everything that's foreign to him.
Each of my kids does have a nice sense of humor :)
lovereps-albums-montanes-picture4620t-chameleons-sept-1st-007.jpg

lovereps-albums-montanes-picture4619t-079.jpg

lovereps-albums-montanes-picture4618t-chameleons-sept-1st-012.jpg

I hope the pics are good enough. Photography is not my forte and, whenever I try to take any pictures, I often end-up snapping a picture of a fleeing chameleon's butt.
You can tell from the first and 3rd pictures that he is getting annoyed.

Looks to be mutibuculata to me, but Im not expert on kinyongias.
I remember Chris andersons post about the kinyongia and he properly explained the whole thing.
And I would say yours is not kinyogia fischeri which is what is fischers chameleon.

Wait for chris to chime in, he will be able to help

He looks good by the way and welcome to the forums!

-Tyrone

Nice cham either way. :)

I'm curious as to see what Chris and others make on the ID. I just got one as well which looks to me to be the same as yours.
I haven't taken photos yet as mine scurries as soon as he spots me coming. lol.

Wow

Amazingly fast!
You gentlemen are great!
I truly appreciate the information.
Hopefully, I will prove a worthy keeper of this handsome fellow.
I spend a great deal of time reading current and archived posts in an effort to learn as much as possible.
The post by Chris was one that I had read and couldn't find again.
Thanks for the link!
Chameleon photography is no easy task.
It seems to scare them and/or tick them off--with or without the flash.

Last edited:
Heres my 2 boys.........this species along with the tavs.. are way underated....so much personality to them.....:D:D

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Fine-looking boys they are!

That amazingly long tail is one of my favorite things about him.
When I bought him, I also bought a Jackson's.
I'd had a couple of Senegals about 15 years ago, so I thought I'd get back to chams in one fell swoop.
I had to ask the guy if the Jackson's tail was severed, since it was so much shorter than Xeno's. :D
I do love Xeno's personality, as well.
If overspray reaches him when I spray his cage, he gets infuriated and rapidly shakes from side to side, gaping and inflating his gular pouch, if I recall correctly.
He doesn't care whether the water is warm or cold--he does not want it to touch him.
I try very hard not to make my chams unhappy!

The fischeri are great! I've kept what was called the B. fischeri fischeri and multituberculata in the past. My male multi was an odd little thing, very busy and entertaining. The only cham I've had that insisted on escaping every cage I built. I would come home to find him on curtains in another room. He shared a huge split cage completely filled with plants with a male deremensis but always found ways to get past the barrier. So, thinking he wanted the other side, I switched them. Then he would just escape back again, squeezing through stitching, wooden walls, past screens, anything. Finally, noticing that the two didn't seem to interact or bother each other, I took the barrier out. The fischeri roamed the upper lighter, warmer regions of all the plants and the deremensis lurked in the darker cooler areas. They lived together in this space for several years.

One day I offered him some crickets in a hand held dish. He came "running" over to me shooting his tongue at the crix. He almost jumped into the dish knocking it out of my hand. Dish, crix, and cham fell about 4 feet to the floor. The dish landed on top. I grabbed it and found him crouched underneath eating happily.

LOL yup!! mine will at first start to go run and hide, but when they realize that I have crickets for them.....its like "ohh I see u brought a peace offering" lol they will not hesitate to come up to me when I have crickets.....so cute!

Speaking of xenophobia.

Since Zimbabwe went totaly down hill and there was almost no food, the zimbabwen people came into south africa illegally, and the black south africans did not like this because their jobs were being taken and thy thought there would be no jobs left, so then started the xenophobic attacks, they decided to kill each other and light everyones houses on fire.
This happend early this year, only in the rural areas of S.A though.

Just something I felt like sharing about xenophobia, lol

Back
Top Bottom