Just some boring chameleons.

Cainschams

A few pics of a few of my same old boring animals.

Trioceros goetzei nyikae

Female 2.
005-8.jpg

Female 1. Screen sleeper:rolleyes:
018-3.jpg

007-6.jpg

Trioceros tempeli

016-3.jpg

Trioceros ellioti
013-5.jpg

Kinyongia (best genus ever) oxyrhina
004-7.jpg

Boring my a**! More like spectacular chameleons! I see your taking excellent care of my Tempeli;):p

The Oxyrhina is gorgeous looks pretty colorful to me!

Hehehehehe. Well, some might not think they are boring:p The tempeli shed his head but has yet to shed his body. Hopefully that will be soon!! His head is much "cleaner" now at least!!!

I hated passing up the Kinyongia boehmei that were being advertised as tavetana, Laurie:( I doubt that Ill ship out all of the Bradys before the boehmei are gone. Did you happen to get any of them? Hopefully when I get this decent job Ill be able to expand my collection and get some more tavetana. Got an interview Wed. but its a long process. Looking good though:D For now I am stuck doing the masonry bit which isnt bad but not constant.

YAY FOR K.!!!!!

Last edited:
im sorry but those beauties are far from boring:cool:

especially those fine looking goetzei ladies:D

i love both the triocerios and kinyongia genus:cool:

Wait, what? Where are they advertised?

firstchoicereptiles.com. They resemble tavetana a lot!!! Kent had pointed out to me they were actually boehmei. They have a dorsal crest which is one thing to differentiate the species by.

They are advertised as red headed dwarf fischers.

firstchoicereptiles.com. They resemble tavetana a lot!!! Kent had pointed out to me they were actually boehmei. They have a dorsal crest which is one thing to differentiate the species by.

They are advertised as red headed dwarf fischers.

I saw them today. if I had the room they would have come home to me.

BTW, keep boring me to tears. I love your chams.

Harry

Neat.

Do those guys all require cooler temps? Because I've be trying to figure out how to add some neat and different stuff to my Veiled and Ousties, but don't see any way I can get temp drops at night in my house which is pretty much 75 most of the year and low 80s in summer.

Where is my plain old boring Ellioti?

She is in the mix!! Look closer:p

Lloyd, they do require cooler temps and higher humidity. You would need an AC for temps in your range to get the temps cooler. Ive noticed in the summer when I house my animals outside they can take some heat in the lower to mid 80s but they have plenty of shade and multiple ops to drink during the day along with cool mistings. Ive noticed the Kinyongia can take some higher temps than my Trioceros species. In the winter time when my animals are inside they have a separate room with everything blocked off to the house and separate heat. This way I can regulate the room separate from the house. I also use an ultrasonic humidifier so I can keep my room at the appropriate humidity for each season. I find it easier to regulate a whole room than enclosures in a room.

In their natural habitats temps get down to lower 60s and even lower. Danny (lizardlover) has had some good success with the Kinyongia uthmoelleri I sent him a while back so you may see what his temp ranges are.

Trace, glad I could help:p

They all look great! Last summer I kept the Tavs you sent outside, well into the first week of October, and they did just great. I had them in moveable cages so I could situate them where they needed to be shade-wise daily. This summer, I plan on a big enclosure which will get partial sun for basking but be mostly in the shade. I am going to divide it so I can put the K. boehmei I am getting on the other side -- they are coming Friday. Nick promised a gravid female and you can have first pick of the clutch if all goes well.

When you get your bradypodion, dont be shy about the photos!

Thanks, Scott!!! I like the all too:p

Hey, Theresa!!! Im so glad the tavetana are doing well for you:D:D:D It makes me super happy that they all went to great homes and are doing well:D The tavetana can definitely take a pretty wide range of temps provided the right precautions are taken. If the WCs werent so tricky and acclimated well to captivity I would suggest them as a "beginner montane/ sub montane" but in my experience the WCs just dont take to acclimation too well. The CH seem to be a different story though!

You know I am totally jealous you are getting boehmei, right? Thanks for the offer. I will definitely take you up on a few of them!! Ive got my fingers crossed they do great for you!

You guys can look forward to some Bradypodion pictures next Wed. night ;)

Very nice collection Jared! Thank you for sharing them with us. I love seeing all of your different species.

Last edited:
She is in the mix!! Look closer:p

Lloyd, they do require cooler temps and higher humidity. You would need an AC for temps in your range to get the temps cooler. Ive noticed in the summer when I house my animals outside they can take some heat in the lower to mid 80s but they have plenty of shade and multiple ops to drink during the day along with cool mistings. Ive noticed the Kinyongia can take some higher temps than my Trioceros species. In the winter time when my animals are inside they have a separate room with everything blocked off to the house and separate heat. This way I can regulate the room separate from the house. I also use an ultrasonic humidifier so I can keep my room at the appropriate humidity for each season. I find it easier to regulate a whole room than enclosures in a room.

In their natural habitats temps get down to lower 60s and even lower. Danny (lizardlover) has had some good success with the Kinyongia uthmoelleri I sent him a while back so you may see what his temp ranges are.

Hmm. I have one room with a separate AC which I keep at 75 during the summer to avoid higher temps so I can incubate my Drymarchon eggs. But it is my bedroom, so 60s isn't happening! :) Think that would be cool enough?

Back
Top Bottom