Just a quick question about UVB bulbs?

AZcham new boy

Hi guys I have just ordered my chameleon a new custom built cage, but just a quick question, I have had in his old cage 2 tube lights, 1 exoterra reptile-glo 5.0uvb and 1 zoomed repti-sun 5.0uvb. But was wondering if I really need both or is this to much UVB???

Thanks Aaron.

Hi Aaron,
What size cage do you have?
Using 1 10.0 is generally thought to be too strong.
But 2 5.0's just increase the light dispersion over a greater area.
I think 2 is good if you have a larger cage. What size bulbs are you using? (Length) how old are your bulbs?
The answers will have an impact as well
anne
I am also assuming you have enough cage top space for basking area

How big is the new cage and how long are the lamps? is it a dual lamp fixture or is it two fixtures?

I would run one Zoo Med 10.0 linear tube that can cover the top of the cage along side a 6500K lamp. If the 5.0 is only a month or two old, just keep using it and ditch the Exo Terra. You can also use the Zoo Med NatureSun lamp which is a 6500K lamp with fancy packaging if you can't find 6500K lamps around.

His new cage is 24x24x48, and the bulbs will be 15".

Now I need to no, is the 6500k bulb to replace the spotlight bulb also because I have read a little about them and it's says they emit some heat?

Sorry If I am being stupid but I done hours of reading before I got my chameleon and made a few mistakes, I.e drainage and buying a glass and wood viv before I researched.

Could u list what u guys are running and I'll look into it,
Really appreciate all the help
Aaron.

You will still need a heat bulb. If you want one bulb have a 10.0 reptisun or if you want too get a 6500k light bulb aswell!

You will need a fixture bigger than 15". Look on the DIYCages site and order the dual linear t8 24" fixture.

Yes you need a heat lamp as well.

And for a 48" cage get a 10.0 from zoo med

Ok so I need reptisun10.0 and the 6500kw bulb to put in the canopy? Plus my basking area... Can u post a link to a sit that sells 6500 kw lamps.
Thanks again aaron

Hi guys I have just ordered my chameleon a new custom built cage, but just a quick question, I have had in his old cage 2 tube lights, 1 exoterra reptile-glo 5.0uvb and 1 zoomed repti-sun 5.0uvb. But was wondering if I really need both or is this to much UVB???

Thanks Aaron.

Did you build the cage yourself? If not.. where did you get it from? I'm on the market for a good cage.

Ok so I need reptisun10.0 and the 6500kw bulb to put in the canopy? Plus my basking area... Can u post a link to a sit that sells 6500 kw lamps.
Thanks again aaron

I am not sure where you would buy them across the pond.... but if you can find Zoo Med product... ask if they have Zoo med Reptisun 2.0 lamps or the new NatureSun lamp. both of those are 6500K lamps in over priced packages.

Thanks sumoner, found the reptisun 2.0 bulbs...

Thanks every1 for the help, does any1 no if u can post pics straight from your iPhone?
Aaron

Back
Top Bottom