Jessica Ridgeway

squeekz1992

I know that this In Memoriam is generally for pets, but I just felt the need to share her with everyone.

- Jessica Ridgeway, 10, disappeared on her way to school on the morning of Oct. 5. After leaving home on foot, she never met up with friends she normally walks to school with at Chelsea Park. The park is about three blocks from her home and about a mile from the school. When she didn’t arrive at Witt Elementary School in Westminster, Jefferson County Schools officials tried to contact her mother. They made a call at 10 a.m. but were only able to leave a voicemail. Ridgeway’s mother, who works an overnight shift and sleeps during the day, didn’t get the message until 4:30 p.m. and immediately contacted Westminster police. It took about five hours before the protocols were met in the case for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to call an Amber Alert. Ridgeway’s backpack was found on the sidewalk near Alpha Court and Andrew Drive in the Rock Creek neighborhood in Superior. That’s 6.4 miles away from her home. It’s unknown so far at what point the backpack wound up there. The CBI analyzed the backpack for DNA evidence and collected evidence from Ridgeway’s home for comparison. Searches were taking place around Jessica’s home and her school, as well as in open space areas in Westminster. Another area that underwent an extensive search was Rock Creek and open space areas near there.A day after their tearful televised plea for help and thanks to the community, police on Oct. 10 ruled out Ridgeway’s parents as being involved in her disappearance. Police said Ridgeway may have been abducted by an unknown suspect. Late in the day on Oct. 11 a body is found dismembered in Arvada near Highway 93, about seven miles from Ridgeway’s home.

JessicaRidgeway_zps5aaf17e4.jpg

Look at her, she is adorable, and now she won't ever grow up to drive a car. She will never get her driver's license. She won't have a first date or go to prom. Her class will graduate without her, and go on to college and to have their own families. Jessica won't have any of that. She's just a child, and there is so much in life that she will never experience now, because some sick... "thing", I refuse to call anyone who could do this to children a person, took her life. It breaks my heart to imagine the fear this child experienced being abducted and tortured for no reason. It breaks my heart to imagine what her family is going through right now, and that they don;t have any answers yet. Please keep her family and the law enforcement and search and rescue teams in your prayers. Pray that the family gets closure and healing. That the law enforcement catches this thing before it harms any other children and families.

I don't understand how someone could do this to any child. Anyone who does something like this has to be psychotic, devoid of any emotion, demented, sick.. What is this world coming to?? I mean, children are beautiful, they are the future, and need to be protected, and loved and taught everything they can. They need to be able to play, and laugh, and fall and skin their knees and then get back up and go at it again. They need to be able to grow up and do things for themselves without parents having to worry or panic if they are five minutes late from curfew. They need a safe place to just be kids and do all that crazy stuff that kids do. My heart goes out to Jessica's family and community and I pray that everyone can take comfort in the fact that she is in God's hands now, and that nobody can hurt her ever again...

Something similar has happens last week to a girl aged 5 in the uk, she hasn't been found Yet and a man one street down has been arrested and charged with her murder, it's sickening how somebody could do anything like it

It is.

I'm like overwhelmed with this kind of thing right now, because in my psych class we talked about a mom drowning her 5 kids back in '99.

It makes me sick. I mean, when it happens to someone older I feel really really bad and pray for their families and everything, but when it happens to a child it makes my blood boil..

I keep thinking how scared she must have been. I really hope they find the thing that did this.

I hope they find the little girl... People are sick

Something similar has happens last week to a girl aged 5 in the uk, she hasn't been found Yet and a man one street down has been arrested and charged with her murder, it's sickening how somebody could do anything like it

I've been following that story! April jones who went missing in Wales 3 weeks ago tomorrow. It's such a sad time when nobodys kids are safe anywhere in the world :(

That's really sad...

The 48 hour rule used to confuse me, but now I get it. It's like these people do it just because they can...

Oh my goodness! That is just horrible! Scares me to death bc I have twin girls that are 9(and a 14 year old son). I couldn't imagine something happening to either one of them. It just makes me sick. To think that someone could take and hurt someone's precious baby like that just breaks my heart amd sickens me. The family and community will be in my prayers. I hope they catch the monster that did this to her.

Oh my goodness! That is just horrible! Scares me to death bc I have twin girls that are 9(and a 14 year old son). I couldn't imagine something happening to either one of them. It just makes me sick. To think that someone could take and hurt someone's precious baby like that just breaks my heart amd sickens me. The family and community will be in my prayers. I hope they catch the monster that did this to her.

It is really horrible. I don't have children yet, but I have 5 nieces and a nephew, and I couldn't even imagine anything happening to them! It would be so much more scary if they were my children. I have been praying for the family and community every chance I get. I actually am going to get purple ribbon to put on some of my stuff. :( I really really hope they catch the monster. It's horrible to think that this kind of stuff can happen.

Prayers for Jessica

Its scary that these monsters are loose in our world. This poor little angel! What is wrong with you pathetic disgusting wastes of space? How could you harm a helpless child? I pray for you Jessica that you are at peace in the arms of God and that Jesus will help your family to have the strength to go on with this tragedy. People that harm these childen should be tortured with no mercy. To Jessicas family- My heart goes out to you, No one should have to endure the pain or suffering that I can only imagine that you are going through- I pray for you that God would comfort you and keep the rest of your family safe and well. God Bless.

Back
Top Bottom