Jackson's supply list.

Chamtastic

Hi, I am getting a Jackson's Chameleon in a few weeks and wanted to know what supplies I need to buy/order. If anyone could help me out that would be great!
Thanks in advance!!

Depending on where you live and the temps in your house... aside from the the proper caging, lighting, and high water requirement of the species, you will want to make sure you have the ability to consistantly keep them as cool as they need, with a substantial night time drop. So a dependable AC unit is a must in a lot of areas.

Here is a great article to read and study from the Chameleon Online E-Zine. A lot of great info on Jacksons chameleons. All the info you could possibly ask for from a thread like this... ready rapped for you. Thank Kent.... Thanks Kent!!:D

~Joe

Depending on where you live and the temps in your house... aside from the the proper caging, lighting, and high water requirement of the species, you will want to make sure you have the ability to consistantly keep them as cool as they need, with a substantial night time drop. So a dependable AC unit is a must in a lot of areas.

Here is a great article to read and study from the Chameleon Online E-Zine. A lot of great info on Jacksons chameleons. All the info you could possibly ask for from a thread like this... ready rapped for you. Thank Kent.... Thanks Kent!!:D

~Joe

Thank you! :) I will deffinately read that!:) I live in the Midwest area.. D: so its got the heat and the cold lol!

i would definitely put a digital scale ($20) and at least one digital thermometer/hygrometer (with remote senders) on the list (zilla makes a decent one for $20), also depending on your locale, & cage setup, a couple sheets of 1/16 white or fogged acrylic might not be a bad idea either, and if you can afford it, and are serious about long term care, then a microscope and fecal microscopy supplies might be in order too (probably run about $ 250) a mist king would be nice, but if thats not in the plans, a simple 1/2 gal. pump sprayer works infinitely better than a household spray bottle. i dont know what you are planning for on supplementation, now would be a good time to start studying supplementation issues, and planning on a gutload for your feeders. but i think with jacksons, aside from plain calcium, it is probably safer to go with lower potency supps, like repashy LOW-D calcium, and repashy super min for multi-vite. and for basking, dont get sucked into reptile night lights, ceramic heat emitters, or infra red basking bulbs, a regular incandescent household bulb 15-40 watts, is all you will need for heat and basking requirements. and of course, bug culturing supplies. also i think for jacksons, linear reptisuns are probably a better choice than a cfl reptisun (not intended to start a whole debate over the lineal vs cfl reptisun thing). jmo

Back
Top Bottom