Jacksons in Hawaii

panthercham

I am in Hawaii for a few days.....Oahu/Honolulu to be exact.

I am going to be doing some hiking and would love to see some Jacksons just to photograph and was wondering if anyone knew of any spots to see them.

I did do a search here and came up with Ho'omaluhia Botanical Garden but was hoping some locals would know of any good spots :)

Hello! I live down the street from Ho'omaluhia Botanical Garden and go there often and have never seen a cham. The place I have gone to get all of my chams is a spot on the old pali road. I will PM you our phone number. We can tell you exactly how to get where you'll need to go.

Do you guys find them during the day? If so whats the best time? Also what season/month/s is the best to find jacksons in HI?

I have also seen them on a trail that is next to the University. Don't remember the name of the trail. Even if you don't see any, the water fall at the end is beautiful.
You can see them during the day.

We have figured out that the best time to find them is between noon and 3pm. We spent months going to the same area every day and keeping record of times, temps, weather cond., insects in area, etc. etc.

Keeping in mind that this was only one small area we did this in and the conditions for seeing chameleons will most likely be different every place you go. Just cause it is sunny and bright at 1pm where we did research doesnt mean its sunny and bright 20ft down the road.

Any how, this is what we found.
Times: noon to 3pm
Temp.: mid 80's
Weather cond.: lite sun showers
Insects in area: Clouds of mosquitoes, termites, ladybugs, ants, millipedes and centipedes
Tree commonly found in: Kukui nut tree (at the spot I am talking about, they also love all kinds of wild fruit trees)

We have only been doing this research since June, so as far as seasonal findings, i dont have enough info to give an accurate answer to that but have been told that they dont change there habits here, that they keep to the same routine year round.

Good stuff Aloha!! Thanks for sharing your research. If I ever make it to the great state of Hawaii, this info will prove valuable to me. Thanks again!

We have figured out that the best time to find them is between noon and 3pm. We spent months going to the same area every day and keeping record of times, temps, weather cond., insects in area, etc. etc.

Keeping in mind that this was only one small area we did this in and the conditions for seeing chameleons will most likely be different every place you go. Just cause it is sunny and bright at 1pm where we did research doesnt mean its sunny and bright 20ft down the road.

Any how, this is what we found.
Times: noon to 3pm
Temp.: mid 80's
Weather cond.: lite sun showers
Insects in area: Clouds of mosquitoes, termites, ladybugs, ants, millipedes and centipedes
Tree commonly found in: Kukui nut tree (at the spot I am talking about, they also love all kinds of wild fruit trees)

We have only been doing this research since June, so as far as seasonal findings, i dont have enough info to give an accurate answer to that but have been told that they dont change there habits here, that they keep to the same routine year round.

Thank you so much for your post.

im gonna go to try and check it out by jackass ginger and tantlus. i know my chances are slim but if i get lucky ill be sure to tell you about it.

flip, what kind of cham did u want? i live in hawaii too and i have 3.

its not that i want more i just wanna feel like a pokemon master yunno "gotta chatch 'em all" lol. where did you get yours from? i usually get them from the cheapest nearby breeder/catcher.

Back
Top Bottom