Jacksons-Do horns need to shed?

Debmonster

Here's a picture of my male Jackson. The arrow points to a spot on his horn that looks like a "tourniquet" mis-shed. If so is there something I need to do? :confused:

Thanks
Debs

Attachments

• JacksonMale01horn.jpg
    JacksonMale01horn.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 284
  • JacksonMale02horn.jpg
    JacksonMale02horn.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 256
My first chameleon was a jacksons and I am almost 100% certain that their horns don't shed. Actually if I am thinking correct, they keep growing, which is why it almost looks like tree-trunk rings on their horns. Please correct me if I am wrong...but that is my understanding :)

What your vet say it was. I have Jackson's with crooked horns crossing each other, but never shed or fall off. Maybe its a nutrient deficiency??

horns to my knowledge do not shed. the further away from the head they are the harder and less vascularized they are.

If your cham isn't acting differently, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

OPI

Horns won't shed, they are made out of keritin (think I spelt it right), same stuff as you're fingernails. Your fingernails don't shed. (At least I hope yours don't)

The only time my fingernails shed is after I bang them with a hammer :eek::eek:

He's acting absolutely normal. Since I've started really surfing the threads on this site I've become a bit more paranoid..afraid I'm not doing something right. I guess having my 2 Jacksons for 4 years might mean I'm doing okay though :)

The only time my fingernails shed is after I bang them with a hammer :eek::eek:

He's acting absolutely normal. Since I've started really surfing the threads on this site I've become a bit more paranoid..afraid I'm not doing something right. I guess having my 2 Jacksons for 4 years might mean I'm doing okay though :)

Well hell don't worry too much...You must be doing something rite...LOL

OPI

Back
Top Bottom