jackson with her mouth open

flyty808

i have a jackson 2 years old 7 months in her gravid process just about to explode shes so big. but sitts with her mouth open most of the day. dont hear any poping or wheezing my last female did the same thing the day she dropped 22 babys. im just a worried cham parent any help or advice would help and she cut back on feeding again and the last female took 5 and a half months for babys if that helps?

Chams will open their mouths to rid their bodies of excess heat. how hot are her temps in her cage right now?

That may explain why mine opened his mouth today it was one the hottest this summer 111 and its hard to cool it down.

but it is now night time and she is still awake and open mouthed where all my other chams are sleeping away.:confused::confused:

ya idk its kinda chilly out there ill try and get some photos but otherwise ill check the temp right now

she is asleep now and cam isnt working good so no photo. and she still has her mouth open and its 65 last night i got to 58 .so idk if the heat is the problem?

i think she is just being a crazy mom :pshe has great colors and grip drinks walks just gets turns from food instead of eating the bug.

maybe she is too cold? i don't know.

Chams wont open their mouth when they are too cold.
Now as for your cham keeping her mouth open, she may have the beginnings of a resipiratory infection. this can cause them to keep their mouth open because they have trouble breathing. maybe mouth rot. have oyu looked in th emouth at all? when you do, look to see if you see any cheesey looking substance or something that just doenst seem right. if you answer yes to any of thism, then its vet time.
Listen for any clicking or popping noises coming from her mouth, if yes, vet. this is a sign of a ri.

I would either say she's to hot...or is in the beginning stages of a RI - those are the ONLY two reason why chams would open their mouth's...First I would try to move her inside..It maybe to hot out for her to be outside full time - I know in the valley it's in the 90's in the day time.."To Hot For Montain" for sure..if you dont see any improvements..I would say a vet visit is in order to give you antibiotics for a Possible RI?

GL - Kayla

Back
Top Bottom