Jackson Chameleon Feeding????

redmeag34

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a jackson chameleon in the next month and I was wondering if there was any other food source for them rather than live crickets? I am really not wanting to have to deal with crickets jumping round in my apartment. I saw "Fluker's 12 oz Orange Cube Complete Cricket Diet" on amazon sold by Flukers and was wondering if this would work?

Thanks all for your help!

crickets are definitely a staple, but dubias can also be used. I have heard that they are a lot cleaner than crickets and they don't make noise either. you can also change it up with some horned worms, silk worms, super worms, but you need to give whatever you choose as your feeders a proper gutloading. the dry gutload is great when it is accompanied by veggies like leafy greens (like collard greens and mustard greens), carrots, sweet potatoes, squash and oranges make a great source of water for them! This way your little guy gets all the nutrients! :) hope this helps you!

What do you mean exactly if that would work? That is food for crickets not for chameleons. There are many other food sources for chameleons and Jackson's included. If you don't like crickets, then you probably won't like roaches either. They are not cockroaches but called Dubia's Roaches. Also there are a variety of other things to feed such as silkworms, hornworms, superworms, phoenix worms, butterworms, waxworms, mealworms, mantids. Some people catch their own feeders in the wild but you have to be careful of insects that could be poisonous to your cham or ones that have been exposed to pesticides. Insects, like moths, butterflies, dragon flies, grasshoppers.

Ya, the flukers orange cubes are fed to crickets, NOT chams =P. As for crickets hopping around the apartment, they will only do so if they manage to escape. Just don't let them escape.

haha oopsies thanks all I wrote the post on lack of sleep and didnt fully read the fluckers full description sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom