Jackson babies @ 2 months - no shed yet?

Debmonster

My little dudes/dudettes are heading into their 3rd month without a shed. Is that okay? Humidity hovers between 60 to 70%.

Does anybody have pictures of 2 or 3 month old Jackson babies??

Thanks,
Debs

SOmetimes it takes a while for baby jacksons to shed as they grow very slowly. Are they all eating?
How many babies do you have?
Any pics?
By the way, your ambilobe is doing well....

Lance

Can't wait for the ambilobe man!

They are eating..there's only 3, it was a small clutch to begin with but the mortality rate's been horrible. First clutch in this location (Santa Barbara). I had better success in the low mountains near Lake Isabella CA. I know one of my mistakes was too much natural sunlight...hurt their little eyes :(

Here's some pics from Dec 17th. They do grow verrrryyy ssslllooowwwlllyyy :D

I'll post more recent when my batteries recharge...I mean the camera's batteries :p

Debs

Attachments

• hello.jpg
    hello.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 206
  • reach.jpg
    reach.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 226
  • turn.jpg
    turn.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 247
I have a lot of baby jacksons pics in my profile album that you can see. All of mine seemed to shed every three to four weeks. And they would all shed at the same time:)

As long as you keep your humidity up there and mist several times a day, they should be fine. Are they eating and drinking well, and what are you feeding them?? Are you using proper supplements?

When i raised mine i dusted everything they ate with a phosphorous free calcium plus D3. Some will say NO on the everyday D3 but it worked well for me, they were all very healthy and strong.

Dusting everyday, sometimes I skip a day but that's when they just don't look vibrant enough...afraid of overdosing I guess. At first I used w/out D3 because the weather was so great here they were going outside everyday. Now it's with D3.

I'm dusting hopping dust and the larder of the fruit flies. Crickets are gutloaded with a veggie mash with added calcium.

Everybody left are happy hunters, they are better then TV to watch.

Looking at Vince's babies right now :)

Hmm. I've heard in OLDER adults they don't shed a lot because they aren't getting enough calcium and nutrients.. not sure about babies.

You should be able to click on my name next to my avatar, click view public profile, scroll down, and click on Baby jacksons chameleons in the album section on the right hand side. If that dont work let me know and i will just load some up on this thread.:)

Back
Top Bottom