It's been two months...

rotarhead

It's been two months and today was the first day that Moe decided I was cool enough to eat two butterworms from my fingers. I decided to try it out and held the worm a few inches away from him and out front but to the side of his face. At first he thought about walking off and then the worm moved a little. He zero'd in, and bam, took it straight out of my fingers. Grabbed another for him and he did it again. He probably would have ate another if my nosey cat wouldn't have come along to see what was going on. I know it's pretty stupid, but I thought it was neat and figured I would share. The little guy has grown and it seems like his personality grows with him.

It's been two months and today was the first day that Moe decided I was cool enough to eat two butterworms from my fingers. I decided to try it out and held the worm a few inches away from him and out front but to the side of his face. At first he thought about walking off and then the worm moved a little. He zero'd in, and bam, took it straight out of my fingers. Grabbed another for him and he did it again. He probably would have ate another if my nosey cat wouldn't have come along to see what was going on. I know it's pretty stupid, but I thought it was neat and figured I would share. The little guy has grown and it seems like his personality grows with him.

thats great i have been trying to handfeeding my cham also havent quite gotten there yet but im cupfeeding him with no problem

Actually he had great aim. Didn't touch my hand at all. I'm sure it is though. I'm going to try and hand feed him a little every few days. Maybe eventually he'll come running for a tasty butterworm when he see's me open the cage.

tongue is slightly sticky huh? i always enjoy hand feeding. GJ with your guy!!

Also, thanks. I'm assuming GJ is good job. I started off on the wrong foot with him but have fixed the issues thanks to this forum. He has shed twice since I've had him, eats plenty, and drinks. So far so good, no issues. Thanks to all of you it seems I am now doing things right. So, thanks everybody.

grats, my guy used to hand feed about 90% of his food but lately he has gotten more sporadic with his eating so I've been having to cup feed.

I think hand feeding is great, it's cool plus I think it help to build trust with them. used to hand feeding was all the interaction I had with my guy but in the past few months he's gotten where he will climb onto you any time your hand gets near (some times when you really don't want him to).

keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom