Its been 10 Years...

clintf

At age 10 I had always wanted to have a chameleon, seeing them at pet stores finding them so intriguing.. As luck would have it I went to the mall to go to watch a movie for my birthday with my family, I saw a exotic pet store and had to go in.. Walking through it for the first time there was all kinds of reptiles, mammals, fish, seemed like anything and everything.. I was in awe with so much to look at, all these colors and interesting animals I was in heaven. Then I looked on a shelf and saw a little baby female veild chameleon in a critter keeper.. As a young kid I fell in love with her and had to convince my parents to get me her for my birthday.. So that night they bought her for me and I took her home, with what was supposedly a good setup.. A 10 gallon tank and a few other accessories, later I found out otherwise.. When she started getting close to being old enough to breed, I was told that if I didn't breed her she would become egg bound and die.. So of course that upset me quite a bit, but also gave me an excuse to get another chameleon and try and breed.. So by 11 or so I had bred my first veild chameleons and got eggs, and even hatched them out.. Since then I moved on to other reptiles such as bearded dragons ect. successfully breeding them as well.. Now I'm about to be 20 and have been more into burmese pythons and reticulated pythons etc.. It has been 10 years since I got into reptiles and got my first veild chameleon, and I miss them quite a bit.. I have so many fun memories with them, and they were real joy to deal with.. I just joined this forum and in fact this is my first post, I joined this forum to start refreshing what I know about chameleons.. I am looking into getting another chameleon, I'm thinking a male veild is what I would like to get.. So I am getting together a setup and looking around to acquire one.

Thanks for reading my story, and I'm sorry it was so long.. I have really enjoyed browsing around this forum, lots of very informative posts..

My question to yal is, what are some good breeders to consider to get my baby male veild chameleon from?

Thanks, Clint

Where are you located?

There are lots of breeders out there.... I would pick someone close to you so you can save on shipping...

I am located about 30 minutes south of Dallas, TX.. I looked in the classifieds here and there werent that many young vields, mostly older females..

Thanks for the imput!

I got my male veiled from FLChams.com. Finding a local will save you a good chunk of cash. But for me it's more important to have a healthy cham from a reputable breeder. I'm very happy with my cham. They were really helpful and answered all my questions. Good luck man

Back
Top Bottom