Is This Normal Behavior?

Lindz

I noticed tonight while I was misting Gizmos cage that after he drank the water off the leaves (which was so cool to see him do) he continuously opened his mouth as if he were swallowing over and over again. I wanted to ask because it freaked me out and made me think something is wrong with him. Please help!

I noticed tonight while I was misting Gizmos cage that after he drank the water off the leaves (which was so cool to see him do) he continuously opened his mouth as if he were swallowing over and over again. I wanted to ask because it freaked me out and made me think something is wrong with him. Please help!

My chams do that, do not worry...

Ok thank goodness. He's my first cham I've had of my own so I've never known them to do that. Thanks for your post. :)

every time my chameleon does something weird and i used to worry alot. then i just realized they are weird creatures.....now i dont worry as much

Better to ask and learn it's normal than to not ask had have the animal die. That being said, a quick search would probably have gotten you many many threads with answers.

Mine did this too after a good drinking session, I got worried that maybe some went into his airway but a few mins later he was back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom