Is this a burn?! :(

Pablothecow

My cham was being really weird the other day and she had her two front legs on the top of the cage and she was like trying to get to the light or something. When she sits normally on the vine the light is about a little less than a foot above her. i think she may have burned her nose on the screen because it may have been hot.. she doesnt seem to b in pain or anything. also she has been just sitting on the bottom of her cage and hanging on the sides of the cage recently. are these signs that she might be ready to lay eggs?

here is the pic of her nose. the black spot wasnt there before. burned steve.jpg

It could be a burn looks like one my boy burnt himself because when we moved we made him his very own room all fully free ranged, and he was fine till he managed to climb to the light while we was out and he burnt his eye :,( he's not in pain with It and its getting better now!!
I've been using an F10 anti-fungal cream can be used for allsorts and is really good , hope your girls okay !

From what you say and the look of it I think it probably is a burn, though it may just be from rubbing. Chams don't really do much to show pain, they prefer to hide it.........More roaming around the bottom, especially if she is scratching is possibly a sign that she has eggs on the way.
She has fairly sunken eyes from the picture, she looks a little dehydrated. Does she have a dripper?

From what you say and the look of it I think it probably is a burn, though it may just be from rubbing. Chams don't really do much to show pain, they prefer to hide it.........More roaming around the bottom, especially if she is scratching is possibly a sign that she has eggs on the way.
She has fairly sunken eyes from the picture, she looks a little dehydrated. Does she have a dripper?

Ive seen her drink alot. every morning when i mist her cage before i go to school she goes down and drinks for a good 10- 15 minutes. and my mom said she sees her drinking throughout the day too. i have a laying bin in her cage now to see if she will lay eggs. she wont really let me touch her at all so what should i do about the burn?

You should be able to get Silver sulfadiazine cream (Silvadene) from any vet or doctor - maybe from a pharmacy, I'm not sure.
Put a bit on a couple of time a day, don't get any in her mouth and she should recover ok, it's quite minor :)

You should be able to get Silver sulfadiazine cream (Silvadene) from any vet or doctor - maybe from a pharmacy, I'm not sure.
Put a bit on a couple of time a day, don't get any in her mouth and she should recover ok, it's quite minor :)

ok, is there anything else that will work for burns? cuz i dont think ill b able to get to the vet or doctor until like Monday or tuesday...

Back
Top Bottom