Is shipping bad?

BirdieF18

Is it bad to have your chameleon shipprd to you? I have heard stories of chameleon dying during transit. Is this true?

That's just part of the game

I'd guess about 90% of chameleon purchases are made where shipping is involved. My experiences have all been good and I'm sure just about everybody will vouch the same thing. Just like everything in life though, there are exceptions where mishaps happen and don't have a happy ending. It's just part of the game since chameleons aren't something you can just get at your local store around the corner... that is unless you're in CA or FL.. Those lucky guys have it made

Shipping can be easy and with only a little stress if the shipping is done properly. in my opinion using a site sponsors you have a better chance of getting a smooth Delivery Best of Luck :)

I had a Chamaeleo cristatus sent to me who was D.O.A very disappointing. But that was one of many chameleons that were sent to me. It's pretty safe if they dont lose your parcel.

All my chams have been shipped to me by either a site sponsor or a reputable breeder from this forum. That have all arrived well packed and on time without any problems.

A well packed healthy cham can arrive quite safely if shipping is carefully planned to avoid extreme weather, weekends or holidays, and if you opt to pick the package up at the shipping office instead of having it delivered to your home address (more time riding around in a truck exposed to heat or cold).

Consider that buying a cham at the typical pet shop has its own risks...a mass-produced cham or wild import that has probably not had great care either at the breeder or while in the store. Chances are a pet store cham was shipped from somewhere anyway.

Even getting a cham at a herp expo can be a problem...not all vendors breed their own stock or know all that much about them. They may "flip" cheap animals from wholesalers just to make a quick buck at the show.

Yeah as others have stated its a fairly safe process if temps are monitored and cold or heat packs are used when needed. Ive had great luck so far shipping my chams to ppl. Same goes for receiving them from others. Just make sure the person knows the temps on your end and has shipped before and knows how to properly pack a cham for shipment. All the sponsors know the shipping tricks.

Just to be safe though I only ship Mon-Wed so if a pckg is lost we have 2 days to find it before the weekend gets there and everybody is closed. Thats just my terms of shipping others do ship on Thurs I just choose not to take the chance.

Back
Top Bottom