is my Veiled Cham a midget??

CrazyCalvin

Hi everyone,

really sorry if this has been posted/asked before, i did search btu couldnt find anything.

I'd just like to know what size roughly my Chameleon should be now he is approaching 8 months. I'm under the impression that they should be fully grown by 8 months? is this right? Calvin just seems a lot smaller than aniticipated and i have seen some fully grown veiled's and Calvin seems a lot smaller.

I havent measured him yet but i have attached some pictures (first picture is of him 6 1/2 months and the others are recent).
I know it is probably hard to tell his size from the pics but a measurement would be great so i know he isnt small :D

Also just to clarify, now he is eight months, how often should he be fed?

Thanks guys

Attachments

• calv1.jpg
    calv1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 129
  • calv2.jpg
    calv2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 185
  • calv3.jpg
    calv3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 108
No more like 18 months! They are still growing at 8 months. Your chameleon looks fine! I would still feed every day,

I agree that your boy is still growing - chams never actaully stop growing, rather their growth rate slows right down, so they need less food as adults.

I have a good friend who does have a mini-cham. Sadly, he suffered calcium issues when he was tiny and as a result his growth has been stunted. He is now so beautifully brightly coloured and is a perfect tiny version of a normal size cham. I met him in person a couple of weeks ago and totally fell in love with him. He is the Peter Pan of the chameleon world, bless him!:D

No more like 18 months! They are still growing at 8 months. Your chameleon looks fine! I would still feed every day,

looks good to me..growing normal..the casque looks very straight and formed well ( good vitimin, and calcium intake)..

Back
Top Bottom