is my Panther Male or Female?

UnknownWarrior

i have had my Chameleon for about 8 or 9 months but i havent been able to id its sex yet since i dont know how to do it, if i remember right its and Ambanja Panther Chameleon, dont mind my saltwater tank as the back ground lol

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

Like others have said it's a girl, since you didn't know the sex im guessing you've not set up a laying bin for her? I would start putting one together right away just so when/if she ever has eggs she'll have a place to lay them. Have a search on here some great ideas.

Like others have said it's a girl, since you didn't know the sex im guessing you've not set up a laying bin for her? I would start putting one together right away just so when/if she ever has eggs she'll have a place to lay them. Have a search on here some great ideas.

yep, she clearly needs a laying bin at that age.

Harry

That is a female and she looks a bit thin. Can you give us a run down of your caging, lighting, temps, supplementing, and feeding?

Yea I know she's skinny but she won't eat right now for some reason, I normally feed her crickets and milworms, I been watching her after I feed and she won't go after the crickets so I'm gonna switch to the milworms and see if she will eat them

Cage set up is an 18"x18"x24" set up right now with an r-zilla light

Yeah, she definitely looks a little sickly; eyes closed in some pics, and she looks skinny. Do you have all the proper lighting, food, misting schedule, and do you supplement?

I used to supplement every feeding but my girlfriends veiled became Ill from it so we stopped I mist up twice a day and feed daily or every other day when crickets run low lighting is a r-zilla chameleon light from the reptile show I got her from, her eyes maybe that way cause I took pics at about 4:30 am when I got home from work

I find her eyes are little deep in, from what i understand is hydration, correct me if i am wrong, i am no expert.

as said before that cham looks unwell, she looks very dehydrated and underweight.

shes looks in pretty bad condition and if you asked me she doesnt look like she has long left.

are any feeders gutloaded prior to feeding? does she recieve vitamin supplements?

rob

I agree about the sunken eyes, being dehydrated was my first thought as well. And yes she does look skinny, have you tried other feeders such as super worms, wax worms, horn worms, ect? As I have learned meal worms have no nutritional value so they are not a staple diet for a cham.

as said before that cham looks unwell, she looks very dehydrated and underweight.

shes looks in pretty bad condition and if you asked me she doesnt look like she has long left.

are any feeders gutloaded prior to feeding? does she recieve vitamin supplements?

rob
yea I gutload the crickets with that cricket food from the local pet stores, I used to use calcium dust until my girlfriends veiled became ill when we did it

I agree about the sunken eyes, being dehydrated was my first thought as well. And yes she does look skinny, have you tried other feeders such as super worms, wax worms, horn worms, ect? As I have learned meal worms have no nutritional value so they are not a staple diet for a cham.
I haven't tried any others yet but I need to, I dont know if it makes a difference or not but I have been using distilled water to mist the cage with

What's the humidity in your set up? Temps? What does her poop look like?

Temps vary and I know thats bad but anywhere from 76-90 just depends on the time of day I don't know about the humidity since I havent replaced my gauge yet and her poop looks hard and it brownish/black and whitish/yellow

The yellow on the poop is a sign of dehydration. It should be white all the time. I would get a humidity gauge as soon as you can. Have you thought about giving her a shower? Do you have pics of her set up?

The yellow on the poop is a sign of dehydration. It should be white all the time. I would get a humidity gauge as soon as you can. Have you thought about giving her a shower? Do you have pics of her set up?

What do you mean by shower? No pics of the set up buts it's just a basic zoo med terrium

Any substrate? Sometimes they can ingest it and become impacted. To give a shower place a plant, real or fake, in the shower and make the water warm, not hot. Position the shower head to wear it's hitting the wall of the shower and bouncing off onto the plant. The plant should be large enough that she can hide under the leaves if need be. It's a great way to hydrate chams. Mine just had their showers yesterday :)

Honestly, I would take her to the vet and have her checked out. As others have stated she doesn't look good at all :(

Back
Top Bottom