Is anyone breeding quads/graciliors, montium, Kenyan line Jackson’s or any other trioceros these days?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey all, I’ve been out of the hobby for a little. Rehomed my last Cham (my parsons) a little while back to a good keeper, who will give him the opportunity to breed. The space he required was too much for our house and I started getting burnt out by the constant long shower watering sessions(couldn’t mist a six foot free range where he was at). Anyone that has kids, especially two wild boy toddlers 11 months apart lol, heavy work hours, etc knows how absolutely exhausting that alone can be… so having another thing like transporting a parsons into a shower constantly got to be too much.

That said, I’m itching to have a reptile again, plus I’d really like my kids to grow up with some sort of reptile in the house. I have a medium atrium or an xl reptibreeze that I could fit easily in my office. Bioactive+Mistking would make the maintenance pretty low.

So is anyone breeding the species I mentioned in the title? Or if someone has a suggestion on another species that is available CB and is small to midsized, I’d love to hear. Even considered a panther again, but I always felt the xl reptibreeze was too small for many panthers.

Hope you all have been doing well! Thank you

Hey all, I’ve been out of the hobby for a little. Rehomed my last Cham (my parsons) a little while back to a good keeper, who will give him the opportunity to breed. The space he required was too much for our house and I started getting burnt out by the constant long shower watering sessions(couldn’t mist a six foot free range where he was at). Anyone that has kids, especially two wild boy toddlers 11 months apart lol, heavy work hours, etc knows how absolutely exhausting that alone can be… so having another thing like transporting a parsons into a shower constantly got to be too much.

That said, I’m itching to have a reptile again, plus I’d really like my kids to grow up with some sort of reptile in the house. I have a medium atrium or an xl reptibreeze that I could fit easily in my office. Bioactive+Mistking would make the maintenance pretty low.

So is anyone breeding the species I mentioned in the title? Or if someone has a suggestion on another species that is available CB and is small to midsized, I’d love to hear. Even considered a panther again, but I always felt the xl reptibreeze was too small for many panthers.

Hope you all have been doing well! Thank you
Good to hear from you!

I’d bet you can find Kenyan Xanths. Seems like the montiums are mostly gone and the quads are on their way out, but hopefully you can find quads (let me know if you do 🙂)

I just picked up a pair of F. willsii. They are tiny and awesome. I suspect @javadi could guide you to some incredible smaller species.

Good to hear from you!

I’d bet you can find Kenyan Xanths. Seems like the montiums are mostly gone and the quads are on their way out, but hopefully you can find quads (let me know if you do 🙂)

I just picked up a pair of F. willsii. They are tiny and awesome. I suspect @javadi could guide you to some incredible smaller species.
Thank you, good to see you still here. Thanks for the info, that’s a shame about the quads and montium(were there ever cb montium in the past few years?). Super cool species. Really can’t go wrong with any Cham lol.
@jamest0o0 are you back or just teasing us?
Ahhh who knows, I miss the forum, I was working close to or up to 80 hours a lot of weeks. I knew if I was on here it’d take up time and have me wanting to be involved with chams/reptiles when I didn’t have the time. Recently decided on a big life change though, which will also be hard work, but hopefully will allow me a little bit of time for animals(my real passion in life!).

Welcome back @jamest0o0, long time no see. Sorry read you needed to rehome NoName, but I do understand your situation. In the end it´s the best for the both of you.

Thank you, you too! I agree, my thinking is that I go into buying an animal without having to ever rehome, but of course life changes. I honestly feel that though I love my chams, they don’t really care who cares for them as long as it is good care. So I am okay with sending them to someone who can look out for them well. To me, the animal’s best life is most important. Now if it was an animal like a tegu, large monitor(my dream), or other somewhat social/bonding reptile… I wouldn’t rehome and would have to be as certain as possible that I could keep it for the lifespan.

I've missed you on the forums!! Whenever I'm having a freak out I think "What would James say?" Lol. Glad to hear NoName has a good home and that you're getting lots of work - hope it settles down a bit soon though.

Great to see you as well! Thank you

And BtW what are all of you in this thread keeping these days???
Yoda my Veiled is doing really well! He's starting to enjoy coming out for free range time. I had a carpet chameleon for a few months but sadly she passed. The necropsy revealed that she had cancer. I'm going to stick to just Yoda for now although I did consider getting another carpet chameleon, I think downsizing my menagerie is a good thing long-term for me.

Still just Beman for me. He will be 4 years old next month.
Wow doesn’t time fly?? I’m glad beman is still going strong for you.

Yoda my Veiled is doing really well! He's starting to enjoy coming out for free range time. I had a carpet chameleon for a few months but sadly she passed. The necropsy revealed that she had cancer. I'm going to stick to just Yoda for now although I did consider getting another carpet chameleon, I think downsizing my menagerie is a good thing long-term for me.
That’s great about your veiled, unfortunate for the carpets… tends to be the drawback of that beautiful species, short lived. I too tend to get carried away and then find myself overwhelmed lol.
I’ve got my same chams. I think you were still around when I got my sweet little Nosy Be girl from Jann b’s Hank and Emma clutch.
Great to hear, I also see you helping with bioactive stuff pretty frequently around here. Nice thing to see!

I also had to send my guys elsewhere last year. I just picked up a pair of F. Willsii. Super cool chams. Very small, and very beautiful

Probably need some recommendations from a Bug Lord on tiny roaches to propagate for them 🙂
I’ve heard so many people say they love willsii, definitely a species to consider. Wish you luck with them.

I actually have a good recommendation that comes straight to mind… ember roaches. The adults can climb, but the nymphs don’t(unlike Suriname which can climb at some nymph stages). They pretty much just require a tub of soil and heat, throw food in like a compost bin. Reproduce like crazy and stay buried. To collect, put a deli cup with food buried in the substrate(so they fall in), you’ll wake up to a cup full of very active, soft bodied, and brightly colored feeders 👍.

I´ve stopped with keeping chameleons, not my kind of reptiles 🤥

Yeah it must be the other sonny that’s starting a new epic chameleon project every other week here haha. I need to check out your threads, i know you had some great plans in the works last time I was here plus that cool free range.

I myself parted with all of my critters other than a few bug bins(easy to keep, plus the smaller cool looking ones, not too roachy IMHO… my kids have fun helping me feed them and they like holding the bugs).

Centurion roaches
Chrome roaches
Question mark roaches

High yellow chocolate p ornatus isopods
a gestroi isopods

Eventually would like to get a few more inverts, but not as many, just some of the ones I find cool looking. If I get a reptile, I’ll probably grab a few feeder roach species, snails, harlequin beetles, and if space allows… stickbugs or something 🤷🏻‍♂️

We’ve also been gardening a lot and have a decent amount of tropical plants… my ficus alii trees that my parsons was on are 7 feet tall now!

Back
Top Bottom