Is a fogger a necessity?

BirdieF18

Are foggers a necessity. At the moment i do not have much cash and was wandering if i could get the chameleon with a dripper and everything else it needs and get the fogger later or do i need the fogger with the chameleon.

A fogger really isn't needed at all if you keep him misted about 4 times a day. Just watch you humidity level. I you do later feel you need more humidity just buy an ultrasonic humidifier... they are a lot cheaper. This is the unit I use for my water dragon. I have also sat it near my cham cages to bring up the humidity level during the winter when we needed more humidity. I bought mine at target. http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Safety-1st-Ultrasonic-360-degree-Blue-Humidifier/6058763/product.html

Just a dripper and a bit of misting does the trick for me and my Veileds. Panthers need more humidity though, so you'll have to mist thoroughly 4 times daily.
Automated misting might be easier if you are busy..........

Attachments

• 05a38b2f8dc2aa83db474655795460f1_100x75.jpg
    05a38b2f8dc2aa83db474655795460f1_100x75.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 404
Dave whats up its a long time since ive seen you on here!!!

but back to the topic. no a fogger isn't neccisary in my opinion. the only time i would acctually consider getting any type like that i would probably go with a humidifier depending on if you have a cham room and you might have some montain species that need alot of water and cooler temps. you could get a dripper and set it over some leaf vines so the water can somewhat building up and stay longer when making its way to the floor and you cham can drink the water off of them. or you can use a mister like dave said thats what i do and most of my chams i can tell want water cause when they see the bottle the come to the screen wall and drink from my hand. any more questions just ask!!!

P.S. dave you will be sadden on this easter day to know that raph did pass away a few months ago and i'm still sad about it. oh and cheedar is still missing!!!:(

Dave whats up its a long time since ive seen you on here!!!

Hey man, all good here. This weekend finally got a graphics card I needed to make my computer play Starcraft 2.......been doing a bit of gaming for the first time in months :D
Oh no, sorry to hear about Raph, he was a such a friendly frog to anyone he saw who was smaller than him. I still can't believe Cheedar was so selfish to leave.......I don't think I can ever forgive him now :(

Hey man, all good here. This weekend finally got a graphics card I needed to make my computer play Starcraft 2.......been doing a bit of gaming for the first time in months :D
Oh no, sorry to hear about Raph, he was a such a friendly frog to anyone he saw who was smaller than him. I still can't believe Cheedar was so selfish to leave.......I don't think I can ever forgive him now :(

I know i feel the same way too!!! what league are you in on star craft 2??? you might want to get a better one when diablo 3 comes out next month!!!

Are foggers a necessity. At the moment i do not have much cash and was wandering if i could get the chameleon with a dripper and everything else it needs and get the fogger later or do i need the fogger with the chameleon.

You likely do not need a fogger. I've never had one. hand misting and drippers have been sufficient for me. What type of chameleon? What is you relative humditiy like?

that said, if you are strapped for cash, this suggests it is not a good time to get a chameleon.

I can see this really depending on what type of chameleon you have. Montane chams would benefit more from the fogger than persay any furcifer species.

You likely do not need a fogger. I've never had one. hand misting and drippers have been sufficient for me. What type of chameleon? What is you relative humditiy like?

that said, if you are strapped for cash, this suggests it is not a good time to get a chameleon.

It is a veiled.

well

i have a fogger i would like 2 kno how long can i keep it on and how to make it fogg the whole cage instead of the bottom and if i was 2 buy a backround would it help more:(

Back
Top Bottom