In loving memory, Kirby

Ace

Avid Member
Kirby my ambilobe female died yesterday in the morning at the vet's office.

I knew she was having problems but never to this extent. She was dropping eggs, but didnt finish and had something in her right eye, probably an eye infection....but i feel i didn't do enough to care for her, i feel i could of done something, been more observant, somehow....the only clue was an undigested piece of superworm she pooped out but other than that she declined dramatically over weekend.

Doctor gave fluids, calcium shot, and oral baytril but it was no use.

She died before turning one yr next month.

I couldnt afford a necroscopy, it would of been helpful but i feel she was developing something that i didnt catch in time.

She is buried under a hibiscus plant along with Mel(mellers)

Kirby was very docile and had a great personality. couldn't ask for a better female panther.

she was tough too but could only handle so much.

Her death wont be in vain, I will learn from this an be even more serious/diligent in the care for a female, in the later future.

Goodbye Kirby

I am so sorry for your loss man.. I know the feeling:( Dont let this discourage you. If there is one thing I have learned recently.. Sh*t happens sometimes, and there is nothing you can do... Its a bad analogy, I know, but its the truth. Just dont beat youself up over it, RIP Kirby.. You will be missed:(

im sure your care was spot on and you know they just fade fast sometimes, im sur your tyime with her was woderfull for you both.
so sorry R.I.P Kirby

So sorry about your loss. I'm with Hoj, I am 100% sure your care was spot on, and like he said, sometimes they just show the sickness one day, after trying to fight it off.

LPR08

Back
Top Bottom