Impaction Resolved

BocaJan

My Arnie didn't poop for 6 days. I d/c'd food and was misting him 4 times a day for 5 minutes. He is a stubborn fella - won't eat in front of me and won't open his mouth either. Well, I have heard all your recommendations to put him in the shower with a plant - no plant. I was going to jerry rig something so I went to test my shower and YEOWZA - it was like a hurricane in there. The spray was way to hard. So.........

I got a medicine dropper, one of those big plastic ones. I big spray bottle that made a nice fine mist. and me and Arnie went at it. There was puddles of water all over his end of the sun room. I went through a whole roll of paper towels and he finally opened his mouth and I got some water down him. I was very careful not to drowned him, but he swallowed, and swallowed, and swallowed. He looked at me with those chami eyes...melted my heart.

Well, this morning when I went in there there was a pile of poop big enough that my snake could have made! 5 turds and 3 urate turds. He looked relieved. I gave him 4 crickets in his bowl. He should be hungry.

I guess we have to do what we have to do when we need to do it.

That is fantastic news! I bet you were more stressed out than your cham, so having that resolved must be a big relief!

When ya had the shower test - did you have the spray aimed at the plant or the wall? Even with a super high pressure shower (im in the same boat) you can aim it at the wall well away from the plant and still be ok.. Highly situational im sure, and im betting that you already tried that, just wanted to help in any way possible :)

Since I didn't have a plant to put in the shower - plastic or real - it was a moot point. Since it worked out OK, I don't have to worry about it for now. I think the reason was I gave him some supers. He hadn't had them before....must have done something to his digestive tract. Anyway, he only ate one cricket today. He is holding out. He will get pretty hungry.

Good Job!!!! To both of you. lol. You are right, gotta do what ya gotta do. He might still have a little more and that is why he isn't really hungry right now. Or, he might remember what happens when he get to be a piggy. lol. Glad all is resoved. Maybe u could pick up some hornworms or silkworms and use them for awhile. They are great for watering things up. Cant believe we have so many people so happy about their chams poop.

Debby

All life reverts back to the same issues,{eating drinking and pooping}. without that nothing else matters.

great job on your success

Sean

Back
Top Bottom