I think it's time...

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well, I have had this piece of crap Kodak Camera for the past 3-4 years? I honestly think it's dying. Everytime I add new batteries it drains them within 3 minutes of having them in it and then shuts off. So therefore I can't get any new pictures of my reptiles or anything else!

So what kind of camera should I get? I love to take pictures and I could do it non-stop!

This is exactly what my camera looks like: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=77&ty=67

I'm so close to chucking it through a window! ><

I have a Kodak easy share. Nothin fancy but nice for $100, pretty good quality. Probably cheaper now than when I got it.

Mine cost me about $89 when I bought it new. I'm looking for a slightly proffesional camera, I love to take pictures of things/people/animals. Kind of a second passion, besides Chameleons, Turtles, and my Gecko. :D

My price range I would feel most comfortable with is around $350-$400. That is also the price limit my mom set for me. I don't know which company is best to go with. Kodak, Nikon, or Canon?

scratch that. 500+ LOL.

Last edited:
I have a Canon OS10, its a pretty sweet camera if your looking for a little more professional. Mine is a couple years old, so im sure they have upgraded by now :)

I want more of a professional camera, one that works amazing if you take pics of water or something moving, especially in the darker areas without needing the flash. I was looking into the Canon EOS Rebel XS 18-55IS Kit.

Im not certain, but I think the rebel is under the OS series. But she. I bought mine it was about 2500.00 without a lense. So I hope they have come down drastically in price. It was state of the art professional digital at the time

I don't think I will need one that costs and arm and a leg. I will be losing a few fingers and toes with this purchase, but I want something to last and work wonders for my right now. I have been told that its not how expensive the camera may be, but you need to learn how to use the camera in order to take good pictures with it.

I agree, your camera is only as good as you are. I took both digital camera classes and photo shop classes, just so I could understand both
But that was me, my generation doesn't have the "technology chip" implanted at birth like you guys do!! It is just natural for people younger to understand without blinking an eye, because its always been around for them. For us old people, we had to learn, usually the hard way!!!
Good luck on your search, just trying to help

Thanks so much! You helped tons! I love the Rebel a ton! I have read the reviews and it seems like its an amazing camera! I have taken film photography classes last year and I will be taking more next year. IMHO it was the best class of my Sophomore year. c:

I think the Canon Rebel is an excellent choice. I always point people toward digital cameras made by people who made good film cameras (Nikon, Canon, etc.) because that way you have some assurance of good optical quality.

Back
Top Bottom