I did euthanasia to my boy today πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

Jeko

I did euthanasia to my boy today πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“ First of all I wanna start and say that I will never own any kind of animal after my chameleon that I had to do euthanasia today πŸ˜ͺ that hurts so fu$!^&@ bad. It hurt so bad that I had to go and buy a bottle of cognac and drink. I took him to suggested Vet from this forum and paid 350 $ at first visit because they had to take example from his skin and sent to the lab. The results weren't parasites or fungus. So, the vet gave prescribed antibiotics which made him worse. Even more, he got paralyzed; after 2-3 oral intakes, he couldn't walk and climb. He was in pain. Today when I got there, he said that it would cost me 1200$ to do X-Ray and blood work, but he also said that "you cant cure cancer by bandaid " So, I decided to do that to my 3 years old friend. I miss him a lot! It hurts so bad! Do not sale reptiles, I already signed the petition.Let them live by themselves man, only case we should have them is in case of rescue or emergency . RIPπŸ¦– My little dragon ❀❀❀❀❀❀πŸ˜ͺ

1% of the little guys live long enough to see their babies hatch. They live little flicker lives.

Same thing with pet rats. Super smart and affectionate, but after about 18 months, their quality of life goes down hill dramatically.

Id say bearded dragons are the best at the end. They give you a heads up about 90-120 days, that "its time", and they just slow way down, no falling or functional issues, then they just dont wake up. Most of the time they dont even get skinny.

I'm so sorry for your loss. The fact that you did everything you could to make your chameleon happy shows how deeply you loved your chameleon. Your chameleon lived a wonderful life--which I know is hard for your brain to comprehend when all you think about is the paralysis at the end. You loved and care for her--and I'm sure she appreciated it with all her existence. There are a lot of people out there who would never consider taking an $80 veiled chameleon to the vet; the fact that you took your chameleon to the vet shows you have a heart of gold. While I know the pain of losing a pet all too well, what you did for your chameleon and the life you provided him was truly wonderful. You made the right choices. More people could learn from a guy like you. You have sympathy for other living creatures which is something that is all too rare in this day and age.

I'm sorry for your loss, but don't rely on the cognac to ease the pain. Get outside and go for a hike if possible. Chameleons are creatures of nature, go be close to your chameleon.

Take care mate. If you ever want reptile advice, or anything at all, just make a post about it or send a PM.

Back
Top Bottom