I am thinking of buying a Juragon Pro Incubator HELP PLEASE!!!

mudshark1971

Juragon Pro Reptile Incubator Advanced Microprocessor Controlled:
KempsJuragonProReptileIncubator.gif

Does anybody have experience with this product, and or how well it works. I have my mind kinda set on this because I watched a video of how easy and good it works. The down play to that is that the video was by the manufacturer. So any input on this product is good input on my decision making...

for the price i would just go with a LLL heating/cooling minifridge type incubator. you would have money leftover for incubation medium and containers. just my opinion. i wouldnt spend 400 dollars on an incubator.

Or on thinkgeek.com (I think that's the site) they have the minifridge type thing that many have used as an incubator for cheaper than the lll one.

I am using a home made 1 out of a polysirene box, do people think I would have much better results by buying a incubater like this?
(I hatched 28 eggs out of 39 last time but it was her 1st clutch)

The Thinkgeek.com minifridge is the same thing as the LLL unit(controls in different place)
This is what a number of people are using, works great! Ive hatched out several clutches with mine.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/6ad2/

I have looked at that, and what I was wondering was about the humity prt of it and I know the other one has a water tank for humidity and an alarm when it gets low. Does this one do anything like that? 99 bucks is a great price. Hopefully somebody give me more input on this one... aaThanks in advance!

The Thinkgeek minifridge does not have a humidity tank nor any alarms, but works very well. Several of use it(including myself) and it works very well.

The Thinkgeek minifridge does not have a humidity tank nor any alarms, but works very well. Several of use it(including myself) and it works very well.

I use it also but have yet to hatch anything out of it:rolleyes: Although, I hope I am very close:eek:

I like it. It does fluctuate by 4 degrees. I have mine set on 66 degrees and it fluctuates between 66 and 70. LLL said in a different thread that theirs is actually a little more advanced. It does not fluctuate as much and I think has some different controls. This one is 30 dollars more and if it is more precise then it would be worth the extra flow. They are a bit small though.

BTW, if that one is 400$ that is a rip off. LOL!!!! Looks to me as if you could only fit 1 clutch of panthers and maybe a half of a veiled clutch! Many people have success incubating those species just in a room that is controlled by the AC or heat.

I use it also but have yet to hatch anything out of it:rolleyes: Although, I hope I am very close:eek:

I like it. It does fluctuate by 4 degrees. I have mine set on 66 degrees and it fluctuates between 66 and 70. LLL said in a different thread that theirs is actually a little more advanced. It does not fluctuate as much and I think has some different controls. This one is 30 dollars more and if it is more precise then it would be worth the extra flow. They are a bit small though.

BTW, if that one is 400$ that is a rip off. LOL!!!! Looks to me as if you could only fit 1 clutch of panthers and maybe a half of a veiled clutch! Many people have success incubating those species just in a room that is controlled by the AC or heat.

The whole big deal about that Juragon is that is like a set it and forget it, and has presets for different species and you can punch in how many females to males you want out of the clutch. The heat fluctuates sex so apparently this thing is very accurate and had 99% success rate of hatching all your eggs. I have had my eye on it for quite a while. I just like the idea that I can set it, put the eggs in the Hatchright and forget about it. I dont have to worry about the humidity or anything. This is just my jumpoff eventually the incubater I get after I make some money off my babies I will buy one thats 1500.. bucks. I want to make my venture as easy as possible.

Chameleons sex isn't determined by temps as far as I have read... So if that says that it specifically can determine the outcome of your chameleon clutch it's lying to the best of my knowledge.

ok. this is for people who use the thinkgeek mini fridge. how do you keep the humidity up in it do you use a misting system or ? would love some imput thanks.

ok. this is for people who use the thinkgeek mini fridge. how do you keep the humidity up in it do you use a misting system or ? would love some imput thanks.

lol no misting system mate! just use a small takeaway style egg container with no lid or dish or similar with with an inch of water in it placed in the bottom of the incubator which will slowly evaporate creating the humidity. Just make sure it doesn't go dry and the humidity should stay fine providing the temps are ok

lol no misting system mate! just use a small takeaway style egg container with no lid or dish or similar with with an inch of water in it placed in the bottom of the incubator which will slowly evaporate creating the humidity. Just make sure it doesn't go dry and the humidity should stay fine providing the temps are ok

oh haha great thanks

No need to ever spend $1,500 on an incubator. Building one is the cheapest and best way IMO. I use a 6ft tall glass front commerical fridge with 5ft of 17in heat tape along the bottom and back wall connected to a helix. It works great! No need to spend the big bucks. My most expensive componet was the Helix! It's very easy to build one out of a cooler also, again your most expensive componet will always be your temp controller!

Back
Top Bottom