I’ve got a new chameleon and I think he’s doing really good just want everyone to take a look at my setup

Can I ask why you wouldn't know what UVB bulb to use? This will sound rude but I have the impression this isn't your first Chameleon and if its then I appologize. If it's not your first I've seen a lot of people on this forum give great advice to help people on the best way to CARE for your pet. You have a responsibility to give the best care possible. Point is when your asking for people to check your set up your obviously not sure so why second guess when people correct you.
Not everyone thinks alike. Not everyone is going to buy the first thing someone recommends either. There are many people on this forum that have gotten wrong information no matter how many chameleons they have had. It is disrespectful to assume that this person should know everything about owning a chameleon.

I don't think it's disrespectful. The OP has had another chameleon with husbandry issues, which I didn't know until just now when I looked up his/her history.
I understand that, but what I was getting at was this person was just misinformed and didnt know what to believe, that isn't their fault.🙂

I will apologize so that this post doesn't stray from the real issue and that is the OP can get the correct information and history doesn't repeat. Although I'm fine with people not liking my original post I dont want this thread to be about my insensitivity. So I'M SORRY TO THE OP AND ANYONE WHO FEELS HURT FROM MY POST HOPE THIS PUTS THAT TO REST.

Sir not to sound rude but please do not absolutely do not price shop for the best deal these are living creatures you are trying to house that we are taking from their natural habitat and trying to give the best life possible these are the bulbs correct me if I’m wrong everyone else. These animals are not cheap whatsoever I’ve blown way over 1000 on my little guy and I still got so much more to go

Attachments

• 1F68B4E2-6C17-42DB-B4CF-EE6DE3BACBD6.png
    1F68B4E2-6C17-42DB-B4CF-EE6DE3BACBD6.png
    351.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 1B6761F2-18E5-4C00-8027-6360C329DBC5.png
    1B6761F2-18E5-4C00-8027-6360C329DBC5.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 61
Sir not to sound rude but please do not absolutely do not price shop for the best deal these are living creatures you are trying to house that we are taking from their natural habitat and trying to give the best life possible these are the bulbs correct me if I’m wrong everyone else. These animals are not cheap whatsoever I’ve blown way over 1000 on my little guy and I still got so much more to go
I agree with you but with certain things, it doesnt hurt to go cheaper... I have enough money to take care of my cham and get him what he needs but that doesn't mean I would rather pay $200 for something when I could pay $100 for the same thing.(just an example)🙂

So I went out and got a new bulb and some stuff to gutload my crickets with and I also have a calcium in the way that has D3 and multi Vitamins
That's a coil uvb bulb they provide little to no uvb. You should buy a t5 fixture with a arcadia t5 12% uvb or reptisun 10.0. These are linear uvb and are the way to go. the coil bulb will cause harm in the long run!

That's a coil uvb bulb they provide little to no uvb. You should buy a t5 fixture with a arcadia t5 12% uvb or reptisun 10.0. These are linear uvb and are the way to go. the coil bulb will cause harm in the long run!
For T5 High Output fixtures, you'll want either an Arcadia 6% or Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 around 8-9" away from the basking branch. 12%/10.0 T5 bulbs aren't typically recommended because there is more room for error with them, like overexposure.

I understand that, but what I was getting at was this person was just misinformed and didnt know what to believe, that isn't their fault.🙂
Yes & no... when you do research for anything, you know, or at least should want to, look for reputable sources only. At the very least, look up a peer reviewed article lol. It's partially a person's fault if they don't do their due diligence in learning how to properly keep their exotic pet, and the OP absolutely did just that, by coming here and now he's getting the proper information from you all. No need to punish someone for having wrong husbandry when they've come here to learn and fix it! (not directed at you Poseidon lol)

I recommend watching Neptune the chameleon on YouTube she will tell you what you need to know. The linear Arcadia 6% which need to be swapped out annually and the linear reptisun t5 5 % should be swapped out every 6 months are great bulbs. He needs lots more live plants like Pothus umbrella plants, and any other plant on the chameleon academy list (sorry I could not get picture) preferably the veiled tested.

Back
Top Bottom