Hydroton for R. brevs

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello,

I was wondering if you HAD to have this in your set up for the Brevs???

Thanks.

No-some people have been creative with their drainage. I am very happy for having used it.

i got my cage up and running with it.
i dont have any chams yet, so i cant say it works. even tho everyone on the site recommends it. its better to be safe and spend the 6 bucks for it.

Hydroton is a tried and true way to go here, so why not go that way? Another thing, the hydroton is very light, an aquarium with gravel will be very heavy. Think long term housing here, it is worth a lessening of future maintenance to go the way the experts have gone.

Alright? Hmm, I'll get it. Well at least try. There is a hole at the bottom of it, If I have it open then the water can drain?

You don't want the water to drain that way. If you set it up right and add the right amount of water you keep the substrate just the right "dampness" and the tank the right humidity. The hydroton soaks up the water, the charcoal filters it. It will sustain itself if set up correctly.

Ok, now I understand. I misunderstood both of you. Thank you for the Information. One more question though. Where can you get Orchid Charcoal? :confused:

Oh ok, I was going crazy because I couldn't find it. So regular Charcoal with no lighter fluid in it correct?

I have to go to Petsmart anyway for Frog Moss for the encloser so it works out. Thanks you guys. I'll PM yal or post here with any other questions.

Ordering the Hydroton right now!! :D So happy to get closer to getting these little guys.

Back
Top Bottom