Hunting Strawberries

Chamero

Well since Im going to be getting out of the Chameleon Hobby for a bit, I thought now would be a good time to get some pics.

Too bad I waited so long to do this, but here is my male veiled eating some strawberries. Eventually I had planned to pay $100 for a 4-set of wireless cctv cameras. Then Id be able to monitor from my comp. :)

First he circles... Chooses one... Then bites....

Attachments

• DSCF2205.jpg
    DSCF2205.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF2208.jpg
    DSCF2208.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF2209.jpg
    DSCF2209.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 211
Heres is the second part....

He eats... See me..... then exits right after....

Attachments

• DSCF2210.jpg
    DSCF2210.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF2211.jpg
    DSCF2211.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF2212.jpg
    DSCF2212.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 147
Just like My male.... He indeed loves strawberries! My female..... well shes afraid of them XD I tried feeding her a piece today and she poked her throat out and started showing off her mad dark dots XD I even tried placing teh strawberry right next to her on a leaf she said heck no! im not eating that...

Usually hes only attracted to moving food. But whenever I put in bright foods, hes all over them... haha Its gota be something to do with the colors. Anyways...off to feed him some morning crix.

my veiled knocs out lettuce like a hundred locusts in a giant meadow... QUICK

she also likes berries.
its funny to watch her eat 'em

at what age is it recommended to feed fruits and berries to vieled chams? Also how do you introduce them to get them used to eating that instead of crix?

i would not use them to replace live feeder, just a snack, i started buy talikng a small pc of kiwi and rubbing it on his lips i think he smelled of tasted it and went from there. other ideas ive heard are to take a feeder bowl and put alittle choped up fruit or veggies in their with the crickets your cham my accidently pick up a pc when shooting for a cricket and like it..

im Forsure gonna try giving him some strawberries, Although my aunt walked into the room the other day with a bright red sweater or and my boy went so dark, started hissing and hid behing my fingers, a week later he was in the back and my neighbor went out on his balcony a story or two above us, fifty feet over. My boy Riddick Flipped out, got dark, ran down the bush and hid from the sight of him.. he was also wearing a bright red shirt. So to all those who say their chams get mad at the sight of strawberries, i think it might be because chameleons( at least veiled's) are stressed or afraid of the colour red......theses are just my thoughts but if i could get a senior memeber to look into it.. thatd be very interesting to find out :D

To introduce the fruits and veggies I put them on my chams daily walking path. This way he's bound to run into it at some point.

I think he just notices the red easier, but they definitely are aware of anything different in the cages.

If I put a pinky in his cage, he wont even go on that side of the cage at all. He ate a pinky once, and since then doesnt like the sight of them- so I dont even try and feed them anymore.

But yea, I sadly have to exit the hobby for a while at least. Im moving from California to Maryland late this June to look for a job. If anything, Ill just get a new one when im situated, but that probably wont happen for a while either... kinda bummed...

oh, and I cant wait to try some kiwi..good idea.

Back
Top Bottom