Humdifying systems

Targeran

Greetings all,

I am new to the forums, and also to the care of chameleons. I have yet to purchase my first lizard and am currently undertaking the setting-up of the perfect environment for my soon-to-arrive new roomate. Thinking about the importance of proper humidification I was wondering if anyone can say whether or not an automated misting system would be worth the cost? I have found them online for roughly $100, but I wonder if it is not just as effective to use a hand sprayer (and cheaper to boot)?

If a misting system is the preferred method, I wonder also if anyone has any plans for constructing one (again the idea being to build one for cheaper than to buy a pre-constructed one)?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

It really depends on the time that i have to spend in a day for your chameleon... if you are home alot and can hand spray him 3 or 4 times a day for 5-10 minutes then go with a hand sprayer. if you work a 9 to 5 then id recommend an automatic sprayin system.

Whats the difference between setting up a humidifier with PVC to direct the mist into the cage and a "misting system" or is there any? Thanks

The humidifier(usually ultrasonic)/PVC setup creates a fog while the other creates water to simulate rain

-roo

Back
Top Bottom