How to make a Drip System???

Shimpy45

How can i make a home made Drip System for cheap if some one could explane or provide pics i would be for greatfull... I'v tryed drilling a hole in a jug but it just run's out like a stream... Any advice at all :confused:

How can i make a home made Drip System for cheap if some one could explane or provide pics i would be for greatfull... I'v tryed drilling a hole in a jug but it just run's out like a stream... Any advice at all :confused:
You can still use your jug. Just find a branch about the same size as hole and slip it into hole til snug. This should stop the stream of water, but still let gravity do its thing and drip water. Just need to clog hole up a bit.

I tried the cup and hole method, but it isn't very easy to control the dripping - if the plant that it drips onto gets sat on by the cham, the water can easily end up on the floor of the cage! I got an empty plastic sweet jar, adjustable valve and aquarium air tubing and made my own, much like others have done on here. As Amy lives in a glass terrarium, I used sucker clips to hold the tubing along the side of her cage so that it always drips in the same place. Although I haven't seen her drink drops off the end of the tube, I have seen her sit in the plant underneath the drips and drink when the drips land on her head! The other thing you will need to consider is how you are gong to catch the water!

Try using a needle to punch a hole into into a milk jug or something like that. And if that still doesn't make a big enough hole try turning the needle and expanding the hole. It's worked for me several times now. The other trick is a variant of the twig thing someone else suggested and putting a string through the hole. Then the water will just drip down the string.

Back
Top Bottom