How to build weight on WC chams

Zach Valois

So I have a group of Hawaiian field collect jacksoni I am trying to build weight on. Some have good appetites, some do not. Even with some that eat regularly, they are just not gaining the weight that they should. I think that fecal floats are the next step for them. Some have weakly protruding pelvic bones, not bad, but could definitely be better.

So I think a fecal test will be first. I am starting rounds of Reptaid on all of them and we will see how that helps. Anything else you think I should do other than a good varied and gut loaded diet and proper hydration?

Maybe try to feed him fatty worms a little more often until he's fattened up. Im a little worried about recommending that though because they might end up on a hunger strike if they like the worms enough.

Waxworms would be a good one.

arent waxworms just fatty? id think theyd need other nutrients too. have u considered carnivore care? thats what my vet recommened for me after we found parasites in a fecal because he was loosing wieght.

Abetter choice would be supers, horns & silks. The horns & silks will help w/hydration. You will prob need a dewormer to get rid of the parasites. The reptaid is great for helping replace gut flora after taking the meds

Back
Top Bottom