How old are you?

Yessabub

Established Member
Im curious as to how old all my fellow cham owners are. I want to see what the average age is BE HONEST. Ill start im 18, see thats not so hard ;)

I've been told I act my shoe size (size three just so you all know) :) I'd believe them too if it weren't that my dinky feet are so small! I am not 3!

Bred my first chams around 17 years ago.
Bred my first lizards (anoles) when I was 13.
Caught my first lizards (western fence lizards) the year before I started kindergarten. My dad would have to search my room regularly for fence lizards in shoe boxes and peanut butter jars so he could release them back onto the fence and woodpile in our backyard where they came from. That must have been around 1973-1974.

^^This reminds me of my childhood. When I was about 6 in El Paso, I would roam the desert and just catch lizards all day, bring them hope and keep them for awhile. Then went to Norman at 7, did the same thing with lizards and snakes. At one time I had 8 black rat snakes, a rough green snake, a bullsnake, a huge glass lizard (that I bred), collard lizards, and a pygmy rattle snake. Needless to say, my mom was very patient and cool. Man, those days were ridiculously fun. I haven't gone out into the wilderness like that and just caught reptiles since I was a kid. Need to do it again sometime.

I don't think they make childhoods like that any more kwelp.

I had many years of catching lizards, snakes, crawfish, salamanders, collecting moss and rocks and sticks for terraria, water plants and insects for aquaria, etc.

I had very tolerant parents I've been told.

Kids now are domesticated and childhood has become a scheduled regimen.

Glad theres a few old timers like me. 40 here. I grew up north of houston. We had hog nose, black racer, kingsnakes, tons of garter snakes, and brought home the ocasional squirel & raccoon.

Back
Top Bottom