How much would YOU charge for this colony

seanUTD

Im trying to help a friend out but I don't want to get shafted myself for the work I put in... It's a small colony but its got close to 50 good adults, good male to female ratio and about 150 small nymphs, about 1 week to 1 month old... How much should I charge

225c2d0a.jpg

As a friend 5 bucks or for a little something i would say 10-15 bucks is alright...

i was going to say like 30. i dont know how much you paid but in order to simply not get shafted.. charge what you paid plus whatever you spent on food and just break even.

or maybe trade them for something else if he has anything youre interested in?

Looks like some hybrid death's heads and dubia. For that many in general, probably $25-$30. For a friend? $15. Is that their enclosure?

SO IM NOT CRAZY!!! I friggin KNEW there was something off about those males... I literally have done nothing to that colony since I got it from Mulberry Farms... Whats interesting is that I left the strange death head looking males in the bin to even out the M:F ratio and they were breeding like wild fire???? Do those look like death head females??? I literally know squat about roaches and did nothing with them... I thought they were some weird defect....

Its hard to tell for sure but it looks to me like all if not most of the females are Dubia. I came across this too, Bought 1000 babies and when they grew up I had like 100 Deathheads.

At least its a small colony. Easy to seperate them with those numbers. Now if you had about 10K that would totally suuuck. I'd say 10.00 for the whole lot and let the friend have fun seperating. ;)

I agree with Texas Panther Man.

I don't like Roaches, but I have a small group of them for starting a colony.

The Deathhead Roaches sound discusting. Why can't they give them non-gross names? LOL

Deaths heads are pretty awesome actually. I have some and they breed like crazy/get to a nice size. One of my pair of MHD's love them, though they are a little big for the second to fit. Also their babies get rather large, rather quick so they are perfect for cham's.

"commercially" speaking i'd say your colony is prob worth around $30 at best (I didn't count the females, but roughly speaking males are worht 0.50 each and females $1 each).

to a friend? $20 is prob fair, if its a good friend even less or just give it to him (if you are younger so money is a bigger deal, then prob $10-20 depending on how good of a friend he is :p)

roaches are a lot more expensive than crickets. probably one of the more pricier food items but very rewarding

If you factor in cricket die off and that two or three appropriately sized roaches can be an entire meal as opposed to 8-12 crickets, they can be comparable in price. I use both for variety.

Back
Top Bottom